Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Stopped diazepam 18 days ago. Need some support .............

Re: Stopped diazepam 18 days ago. Need some support .............

Your symptoms are pretty much the exact same as mine. The tension and spasms are the worst as they just will not go away. I get a lot of headaches and I think these give me bursts of anger and panic.

Other symptoms like you are:

Very emotional or emotionless
    Real deep depression sometimes
    Lethargy or feeling like I have too much energy
    Sleep problems
    Feel stuffed up and thickly cough past month
    Greasy skin
    Sore joints and muscles
    Tight chest
    Shoulder and back tension
    High heart rate and anxiety
    Mornings I just want to stay in bed or have panic feelings

I was on them for 4 to 5 years on and off and took anywhere from 2mg to 7.5mg a day.

I have two kids and I work 50 hours a week as a financial adviser so to say I struggle is an understatement. I'm lucky I get to work from home sometimes.

Yes I have hope we will both be ok very soon and this will all be but a distant memory.

Bevy xxx

Ps I would happily force doctors these pills to make them realise grrrrrrrrrrr

Oh I'm so sorry to hear you are suffering too. Yes let's hope we both see gradual improvements over the coming months. The depression really hit me month 3. No motivation and exhaustion upon doing the simplest of tasks. I can't believe your working 50 hours a week while going through this.

I too suffered badly with insomnia the first couple of months, often only getting 2-3 hours a night. That's improved now. Still not sleeping all the way through the night but getting a decent amount of sleep. When I was in tolerance my joints/muscles ached so bad I found it hard to walk, my legs turned to jelly standing up in the shower and used to shake. I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia (may of been related to benzo use). Even though I still have joint and muscle pain every day it's not as bad now.
    I urge anyone else on these type of pills (taking daily, long term) please speak to your dr about a withdrawal plan. It's a bumpy ride but I'm praying time will heal us.
    I'll keep updating how I'm getting on, as it may help others going through a similar thing xx

---------- Post added at 13:13 ---------- Previous post was at 11:59 ----------

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/in...topic=185584.0

Shows some people's time line to improvement since stopping benzodiazepines. Shows everyone experience is different but most see significant improvement after 6-7 months.

We can do this!

Thank you for the link very helpful to see as most people think once the drug is out your system then you should be better but the effects of the drug is what causes the issues.

I struggle with work but it keeps me focused and gets me out of bed even when I feel like I can't get out.

I just try and talk positive to myself and tell myself how well I'm doing....some days though I think I'm weak and can't carry on.

Yes keep this thread going so we can here all about your full recovery 😊 not long now xx

Hi
    I built up a tolerance to Valium taking 2-6mg once or twice a week only!
    The broken down valium (one dose) stays in your body for up to 23 days...so if your repeating the dose per 24hrs, your body is never without the drug in its system.

Therefore it can take up to a month to feel the full effects of withdrawal.

My two main symptoms of withdrawal were severe neck muscle pain (as if I had cricked my neck). This went on for 2months. Doc told it wasn't withdrawal. It was.
    After 2-3 months, it started to ease, but it took to the 6 month mark before I had days with no pain or stiffness.
    The second symptom was ringing in my ears. Took nearly a year to go.
    It only came on at withdrawal
    (However, my son has tinnitus and has never touched benzos/drugs). It is common.
    The third was tremor. 3.5 years to stop. And still comes back if I'm anxious.
    Many many more symptoms.

All symptoms scared me.
    They were severe during the first months in withdrawal, and there was no guidelines as to how lng theyd last.
    But
    They do go.
    For me, it was 2.5 years before I recognised I had no withdrawal symptoms.

You have to keep reminding yourself, it's just a chemical body imbalance and that your body will bring it back to normal .limits and you'll just have to be patient.

Two and a half years! Wow.
    I only wish Drs told patients of these potential risks when starting these types of drugs and how long these symptoms can last for. I'd never of taken them, the anxiety I was suffering from initially was easier to deal with than the symptoms coming off.
    I feel like my body is super sensitive to everything and my nerves endings are raw.
    Some symptoms passing but others persisting.
    So sorry you got this from only using doses a couple of times a week over a period of time. I'm pleased your over the worst now. This is so encouraging for me and others. When would you say the really nasty side effects left?

Hi
    I do believe valium / benzos are a useful drug...only used for very short periods ie 2weeks.

They should never be used for longer than this or tolerance/addiction WILL build up.

The benzo buddie forum has some very useful info.
    But
    There are a lot of scare stories on it, and that hasn't been my experience.
    You have to keep focusing on the fact that it is a process of normalising your body to the reduction/withdrawal of valium. Your body will re-adjust. The time taken and withdrawal side effects will vary for each person.

I was very worried at the beginning that I would never heal, and that my symptoms would never abate, but they do and did.

I would say, it was two months of severe symptoms, then another 4 before I realised my symptoms were easing. it was a very gradual process. But everyone does heal. You will too.

Thanks daily xx
    It's just over 6mths since my last diazepam tablet. Having more good days lately and sleep is much better. Still have rubbish days but that's to be expected after about 7 years of taking this type of medication,
    https://www.drlam.com/blog/challenge...hdrawal/32416/ Found this article useful today (worth a read if your going through withdrawal from benzodiazepines)

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Why on earth did your GP sanction diazepam on a repeat prescription basis?

How is your h.pylori infection? That can't be helping matters..

I'm sorry that things got so bad but well done for carrying on through withdrawal. It will be so worth it.
    I've been getting mine on repeat for 11 yrs now
    100 5mg tabs at a time
    I take 2 a day - no probs.
    Have no desire at all to go off em

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.

I suspect you would have problems if your doctor suddenly stopped prescribing them though.
    My GP is happy to prescribe them long term for my daughter too but we use them sparingly.

This sounds like there can be withdrawal even under sparing use. I have Klonopin and use .5 mg maybe twice a week to help with sleep (usually about every 3 or 4 days). I've been on it for about 6 years. I thought as I was using it only intermittently and at a very low single dose, that I would be okay if I stop. I've gone as long as 2 weeks not taking it. Insomnia was all I noticed. Is it possible I will have a horrible withdrawal if I stop taking it? Again it's been only .5mg (single dose only) maybe 2 times a week. You are all incredibly brave and i am awed by your ability to push through and stay off of these drugs!

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread Information