Thread: Pelvic exam worry

Pelvic exam worry

Hi ladies

I posted about two weeks ago about somme brown spotting and discharge and a tiny bit of blood after sex. I was unable to get a docs app until today, ive also just came to the end of my period. I saw the doctor and she wants to perform a pelvic exam once i finish my period fully which i am a little worried about

1.why do doctors do pelvic exams?
    2.can they if something is visbly wrong?
    3.does she think i have cancer?

I had my first smear four months ago and it came back clear. I asked if i should be concerned? And she was like "well you've had a clear smear although its not 100%" which obviously didnt go down well with me.

I just need some reasurrence really. If anyone didnt see my previous post. 2 weeks after my last period i was getting watery dark brown discharge on the tissue when i went for a wee as my latest period got closer it got darker and eventually turned to blood. Somewhere in the middle i had sex with my partner and when i went for a wee a few hours after there was pink tinged blood with two tiny clotd ive had sex since and no blood was visible its just been the dirty brown water stuff

:(

Re: Pelvic exam worry

It's simply so the doctor can see your vagina walls and cervix. Just simply to see if there's discharge or anything in there that could cause bleeding. Yes, cancer would be looked for but honestly I doubt she thinks you have it. Any woman with a vaginal complaint should get a pelvic exam because that's how you see the vagina!

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

They can also do a swab to check for any infection, you don't need to panic.
    All perfectly normal practice.

Thread Information