Thread: Inflammatory Breast Cancer because tiny rash/spot on my breast (pic)

Inflammatory Breast Cancer because tiny rash/spot on my breast (pic)

I'm going to the drs on the 15th anyway. I got mad last night over this, crying and not being able to breathe. From what I've read about IBC, it starts off like this. I probably have it. ****.
    Last edited by nomorepanic; 22-03-18 at 13:41. Reason: picture removed
    Early thirties: Skin cancer, cervical cancer (again), inflammatory breast cancer, heart attack fears.
    Still here!

"He who fears he will suffer, already suffers because of his fear" - Michel Eyquem de Montaigne.

Re: Inflammatory Breast Cancer because tiny rash/spot on my breast (pic)

Seriously? It starts like that? No other symptoms?

I don't Google so I don't know if it does or doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by swajj View Post
    Seriously? It starts like that? No other symptoms?

I don't Google so I don't know if it does or doesn't.
    It can start off like this and quickly develop over weeks - months into other things.
    Early thirties: Skin cancer, cervical cancer (again), inflammatory breast cancer, heart attack fears.
    Still here!

"He who fears he will suffer, already suffers because of his fear" - Michel Eyquem de Montaigne.

With no other symptoms?

Sorry but I think you are completely over reacting. So many folks take minor things like you are using as proof or "probably" have _____. This is very typical of HA thinking. As we all know HA thinking is notoriously wrong.

I feel bad that you have yourself in such a state but when you go to the doctor on the 15th, the doctor will certainly tell you that it is not IBC. In actuality that spot likely will be gone.

Good luck and be well

I can really empathise with you - I went through a few months of complete and utter fear of IBC. You can see my posts about it on here actually. I was CONVINCED I had it and spent hours googling. What you must understand is Google is not a Dr. There is no way in any shape or form that Google can ever diagnose you. You could have EVERY symptom of something and Google tells you its this or that - and it won't be. IBC is VERY rare. And healthy people (including me) get marks on their breasts all the time. (I went to a breast clinic and got a scan and everything and was fine - this was about 5 years ago) I still get marks on my boobs. You have self diagnosed by googling. If you can find the logic in Google it does help too. For example 'red mark on booby turns out to be... NOTHING!!!' will not grab the same attention as 'red mark turns out to be... *insert illness here* - therefore the link people click on the most will appear near the top of your search. Don't do yourself the injustice of googling. Because if you are really honest with yourself- when has is EVERY given you relief? Maybe once every so often. But then how long does that relief last? Not long. Try giving yourself a time frame before panicking. For example if you notice say a red mark (or another symptom that is not causing you any further physical danger) - wait 2 weeks and if you are still worried or concerned go to the Dr. Try to imagine what you'd say if one of your family or friends came to you with a red mark. Would you say 'YOU ABSOLUTELY HAVE CANCER' or would you be certain it was nothing to worry about. You have health anxiety and googling for reassurance is like crack to a junkie. It won't make you feel better in the long run. I could almost promise you and bet all my money on the fact you will be fine. But you have to get to the place where you accept the fact that one day you may get ill in the far far future. Because everyone does at some point. I'm sorry if this sounds harsh I just hate seeing someone wasting their time worrying. Because I've spent the last 6 years doing so. I really really feel for you and I know the fear is VERY real. But imagine if you had never even heard of a search engine. Would you be worrying.? Probably not. I hope this helps.

I had a spot on my boob and went to get it checked. Around it was all veiny (spider veins) and it didn't look like any spot I'd had before. Turned out to be..... A spot. Took a very long time to go though, about 4 months or so.

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

In July last year I went into complete meltdown because I too convinced myself I had IBC. I had a hot rash on my breast. Within minutes of Dr Google condemning me to certain death I was on the toilet with diarrhoea, having hot flushes and not able to breathe properly.
    Turned out to be a skin infection.

Tonight I have found a spot EXACTLY the same as KeeKee has described. Red with tiny spidery veins.
    Although I didn't have the same terrifying thoughts as last time I must admit I'm a bit worried. Plus now that I know it's there my brain has gone into overdrive and now I think I can feel weird sensations on the affected breast. I'm telling myself that it's just a spot and it's my anxiety playing tricks on me.

The difference between last time and this time...I haven't and I won't google it. This is key. No matter what you do, however much you want to, DON'T GOOGLE.
    If you're really worried or it doesn't go over the next week see your GP if you're still worried x

It's just a spot, it will be gone in a few days.

Thread Information