Thread: Typical of IBS?

Typical of IBS?

So I have suffered with IBS for over 10yrs-but this time around it seems to be lasting forever(well since Xmas..)
    With various symptoms,some lastnig weeks-these are all different to what I have experienced before so I cannot help but worry.
    Lately I feel like I am bloated and need to go to the loo-yet if I try nothing happens-I am going as usual so not really constipated but its just a constant full feeling there-which leads me to believe I actually need to go.
    I have suffered from Piles in the past,however these are not bothering me at the moment-but maybe there are some I dont know about(lol) and its these I feel as well...confused
    So is this a common feeling with IBS?
    Is it typical tp last for weeks at a time?

Of course I am stressing its Cancer!

Re: Typical of IBS?

Yes and yes unless you figure out your dietary/stress triggers and eliminate them as much as possible

Quote Originally Posted by charliebear78 View Post
    So I have suffered with IBS for over 10yrs-but this time around it seems to be lasting forever(well since Xmas..)
    With various symptoms,some lastnig weeks-these are all different to what I have experienced before so I cannot help but worry.
    Lately I feel like I am bloated and need to go to the loo-yet if I try nothing happens-I am going as usual so not really constipated but its just a constant full feeling there-which leads me to believe I actually need to go.
    I have suffered from Piles in the past,however these are not bothering me at the moment-but maybe there are some I dont know about(lol) and its these I feel as well...confused
    So is this a common feeling with IBS?
    Is it typical tp last for weeks at a time?

Of course I am stressing its Cancer!
    Hi I've had ibs for about 27 years now. I have had flare ups on and of over the years but about 6 years ago I had a prolonged attack for 5 months or so, my anxiety was overwhelming and I think that made things worse. It eventually got better but 6 months ago it started up again after a lot of stress and increasing anxiety. So ibs can flare ups can last a long time.

My IBS flare ups have been lasting for a good two months at a time since I was diagnosed last year, sometimes without more than a week or so between them. The constant stress and anxiety is probably the cause of that, because it's in times when I'm too distracted or too busy with other things to focus on my anxiety that my flare ups seem to improve. Half the time I get symptoms like you, just feeling so bloated all the time.

Thread Information