Thread: Lighter than normal period

Lighter than normal period

My cycles are anywhere from 28-35 days which is my normal. I'm usually light/spotty the day is shows then it picks up to a heavy flow for about 2 days, then medium/moderate, then light for a day or two then gone. Sometimes I'll spot an extra day or so but that is pretty much how it goes. I usually have cramps the first day or two as well. Anyway, in December my period came as usual and totally normal. A couple days after Christmas I had a tonsillectomy under general anesthesia. In January my period came a week early and it was VERY light. Not spotting light but it never picked up to that heavy flow. I wouldn't even say a medium flow. It was a little more than spotting though. It was reddish brownish, I had no cramps or anything. I figured it was from the stress of having surgery and thing would return to normal next month. Cut to yesterday, I get my period right on time, starts off as spotting last night and by bedtime it was a little more than spotting so I figured I'd wake up to my heavy flow like usual. I get up this morning to cramps, lots of cramps, but the flow has not picked up again. Its red but very light, not quite spotting light but a very very light flow. I stupidly googled and ovarian c. popped up and now I'm scared out of my mind. What is going on?!!! This is not my normal and this has never happened to me 2 months in a row before. I've had random light periods before like after I had my kids but it usually just a one off. I'm 32 years old with 2 kids.

Re: Lighter than normal period

Menstrual cycles can change at any given moment, the stress of surgery would of defo taken its toll on it and being really stressed/anxious won't help it either, i think its very unlikely that its cancer and it could just be down to the stress of things or even simply a blockage/slower one that can happen often, i'd give it another chance or two and if its still there plaguing you then you can always see a doctor x

All the best

"Sometimes you win, sometimes you learn."

"Be gentle with yourself, you're doing the best you can"

Re: Lighter than normal period

Thanks! It ended up picking up and came as normal.

Thread Information