Thread: Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever????

Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever????

I just got over an ear infection, althought I don't know if it has anything to do with this. But now and then, I keep getting one or two itchy red spots on my arms, legs, and neck. There are these small bumps first and then it becomes red and mildly itchy and goes away very fast. I just don't know what it is! Can this happen with stress? The ear infection and the antibiotics did get me really stressed out. Today, I was watching this Little house on the Prairie episode where people get Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever, with rashes and everything. I know this may be highly irrational but that episode really triggered my health anxiety. I do live in a slightly woodsy, hilly area and I just can't help but wonder if my little rashes could be an early sign of this illness? Watching old tv shows usually relax me, but this episode ended up freaking me out!

Re: Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever????

Just no. You've probably got heat rashes or maybe tiny insect bites, but not whatever this thing is.

You did trigger me a bit though. I'm now freaking out at the memory of being in my grandmothers with little house on the prairie on non-stop.

I really hated that show.

LoL! Sorry about that!
    I love that show! It's just disturbing sometimes when they talk about all these deadly diseases that they all die from. I know most of them have been eradicated or are very rare like mountain fever. But with anxiety, you think anything is possible......

You do if you don't tackle the thoughts and get some help.

My mum used to insist on having Little House On The Prairie on on Sundays. I hated it just as much as Gary. Mostly because I hated Sundays. I used to get bad Sunday dread as a kid.

Quote Originally Posted by ServerError View Post
    You do if you don't tackle the thoughts and get some help.

My mum used to insist on having Little House On The Prairie on on Sundays. I hated it just as much as Gary. Mostly because I hated Sundays. I used to get bad Sunday dread as a kid.
    Londons burning, heartbeat and bullseye.

Sunday nightmare fuel.

Could just be hives. Stress can cause them. My son will go through months of having hives all over him each day. I will periodically get an itchy bump or two on my arm...it actually happened a couple of hours ago...and then they go away.

Regarding Little House on the Prairie...ugh. Never liked that show.

Thread Information