Thread: Sertraline 19 days in good and bad days

Sertraline 19 days in good and bad days

Been on sertraline now for 19 days was on 50mg for 7 days and 100mg for 12, had few good days but today the anxiety, worry and shake is back! Anyone else had this? And how long till it wears off it is a case of waiting out 2-3 weeks on this new dose?

I have doctors again in 3 days and cbt telephone in 4 days

Thank
    You

Re: Sertraline 19 days in good and bad days

Hi Kayleigh, I've only been on Sert for 3 days, and get the shakes too, and very drowsy. The two people I've spoken to in person both told me 6 weeks before it starts to work.

Thank you for replying yes ive heard anything from 3-6 weeks just wondered if the up and down days was the tablets, just got to give it time to get fully in my system, hard when u have good days then a bad one

I'm on my 4th day. I take a 1/2 of a 50mg tablet. Well I didn't break it evenly Friday night and I paid for in Saturday. I too had the shakes and was anxious all over again. Coping with upset stomach and dry mouth. The up side is my excessive worrying, obsessive thoughts have calmed way down and no more crying. I'm sensitive to meds and I can feel the positive effects already. Just a little apprehensive as to what will happen when I increase my dose and the long term effects of being on this medication and will I need to be on it the rest of my life. Thanks for your post, it was very helpful.

You started on a lower dose then i did, i started on 50mg then went to 100mg after 1 week i also had what u have increased anxiety, feeling sick, shakes, leg pain, sweating all this has faded but xame back today i have been told its normal to have bad days and the good days will soon out weigh the bad just hoping its soon

I told the doctor that I am sensitive to meds. I mean even cold medicine, I can't even tolerate caffeine so she is starting me out slow this time. I gave up on medication because of the side effects. I would discuss with your doctor that maybe 100 mg is too much. I know many people are fine on 50mg. Everyone is different, just make sure you talk to you doctor about all of the symptoms. Hopefully we will all have good days more often!

Ive felt not too bad since starting 100mg the past few days aint been too bad its just today ive not had a very good day heightened anxiety shakes hot/cold feeling sick etc just hope tomorrows better i see my doctor in 3 days so will
    Mention it to her

Thread Information