Thread: Strange and scary symptoms. Could this be my anxiety or worse?

Strange and scary symptoms. Could this be my anxiety or worse?

So, for the last week or so I have been getting these strange and scary symptoms:

Bloating. Trapped and painful wind.

A slight crampy and mild burning sensation in my abdomen, especially after emptying my bowels.

Slight but persistent discomfort in my lower abdomen, worsens from sitting on a hard surface, such as cushions on the floor, or even a dining chair. And also discomfort from laying on my stomach, or when my cat jumps on me.

Yesterday my stomach felt like it was shivering.

Shooting type pains, which feel as though I have been poked in the belly button. I feel this shooting pain feeling up my v@g*na also.

Hunger like pains after eating. Also, a feeling of my stomach feeling tight, or the muscles are clenching, even though when feeling them, they are not.

And lastly for the really scary one which just happened earlier. I can't be 100% sure, but I had what looked like bloody mucus in my stool. It was very light and pinky in colour, and I am not so sure because 3 days days ago I ate 2 sharing packets of veg crisps which contains beetroot, and I heard they can change the normal colour of things.

Could this be anxiety, IBS, or something worse? Anyone else here suffered these symptoms?

Re: Strange and scary symptoms. Could this be my anxiety or worse?

Quote Originally Posted by JenInHW View Post
    So, for the last week or so I have been getting these strange and scary symptoms:

Bloating. Trapped and painful wind.

A slight crampy and mild burning sensation in my abdomen, especially after emptying my bowels.

Slight but persistent discomfort in my lower abdomen, worsens from sitting on a hard surface, such as cushions on the floor, or even a dining chair. And also discomfort from laying on my stomach, or when my cat jumps on me.

Yesterday my stomach felt like it was shivering.

Shooting type pains, which feel as though I have been poked in the belly button. I feel this shooting pain feeling up my v@g*na also.

Hunger like pains after eating. Also, a feeling of my stomach feeling tight, or the muscles are clenching, even though when feeling them, they are not.

And lastly for the really scary one which just happened earlier. I can't be 100% sure, but I had what looked like bloody mucus in my stool. It was very light and pinky in colour, and I am not so sure because 3 days days ago I ate 2 sharing packets of veg crisps which contains beetroot, and I heard they can change the normal colour of things.

Could this be anxiety, IBS, or something worse? Anyone else here suffered these symptoms?

Yes, beetroot could be responsible for the odd-colored stool. Keep an eye on it, but if it doesn't happen again, I'd put it down to that.
    The rest sounds like typical IBS; are you near to having your period?
    Sometimes I get such painful period cramps that I can feel them not only in my belly but in my vagina and even in my thighs.
    Certainly I'd keep an eye on these symptoms, but nothing you've described jumps out at me as necessarily indicative of anything too serious.
    Keep us posted. Best wishes.

Re: Strange and scary symptoms. Could this be my anxiety or worse?

Quote Originally Posted by GlassPinata View Post
    Yes, beetroot could be responsible for the odd-colored stool. Keep an eye on it, but if it doesn't happen again, I'd put it down to that.
    The rest sounds like typical IBS; are you near to having your period?
    Sometimes I get such painful period cramps that I can feel them not only in my belly but in my vagina and even in my thighs.
    Certainly I'd keep an eye on these symptoms, but nothing you've described jumps out at me as necessarily indicative of anything too serious.
    Keep us posted. Best wishes.

Thank you for your reply. Yes, my period is very near, and should arrive sometime in the next couple of days. It did cross my mind today that this could be related to my period, but then again I have been having most of these symptoms for about a week or so, which has made me worry that it may not actually be related to my period. I sure hope you are right.

Thread Information