Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How many were right?

How many were right?

I'm wondering how many people on here ended up being right? About the major stuff anyway...I think we have all been right at times about whether we have a cold or stomach flu, etc. Has anyone been right on something major?

Re: How many were right?

No I never have been and I never plan to.

I'm hoping to never be right either!

Gosh, I hope not.That will fuel my anxiety further.

I am going to die one day, that is for sure. But I hope I will be a very old man by then at it will be a peaceful and not violent death from some violent disease.

I can tell you that out of the tens of thousands of posts and fears I've read here, I know of two people that actually had something serious going on. They're both doing fine now. In fact, their anxiety took a back seat while they dealt with it and has remained there since.

Truth is, even people with HA get sick but 99.999% of the time, it's not what they thought and it can be easily treated.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

My grandmother was a hypocondriac. She died in the end, but not from any of the diseases that she feared she was having. Her death was caused by one of the most common conditions that ends the life of elderly people.

Fishmanpa - I was wondering about that too, if the anxiety still took over their life if actually diagnosed with something serious. But I would imagine at that point you get too busy fighting it.

Paranoid - Alzheimers? Just taking a guess.

Quote Originally Posted by nicole97 View Post
    Fishmanpa - I was wondering about that too, if the anxiety still took over their life if actually diagnosed with something serious. But I would imagine at that point you get too busy fighting it.

Paranoid - Alzheimers? Just taking a guess.

No. Pneumonia. Alzheimer is not the most common death cause in old people. Most people do not get Alzheimer. But when your body is old and tired after a long life getting pneumonia in the end is common. And it is a sign that you made it as far as you can come - that you managed to get old without having it shortened by some vile cancer disease for excample. Hopefully you made something out of that long life aswell.
    Last edited by paranoid-viking; 06-03-17 at 20:25.

Ah okay. I know that many WITH alzheimer's die of pneumonia often caused by aspirating their food, so I often equate the two in the elderly. My fault, I didn't think of it separately.

I would like to think that if this stupid HA doesn't get me first (haha) that I will have made something out of my life. I'm raising 3 beautiful children, so I consider that to be pretty worth while! But on that note, I also hope that I can get old enough to have to worry about "old people" causes of death. I am sorry about your grandmother though. :(

Nicole

Good thread and very good question.

I could seriously kick myself at times for all those years I wasted, and I really mean wasted thinking and truely believing I was suffering from a fatal illness.

Oh and I was NEVER right!.

Lisa
    xxx

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information