Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: How many were right?

Re: How many were right?

Mommyof2boys, I hope I continue to be wrong as well. I have PVCs as well. When they started, they went for so long, I thought for sure they have to be damaging the heart somehow, even if they say they are harmless. Thankfully I get them much less now, but they are nerve wracking!

Quote Originally Posted by nicole97 View Post
    Alwaysscared, omg, definitely a good thing you pushed on that one! Though with rectal bleeding...that is such a physical symptom, one that isn't going to come from anxiety. I would probably be kind of upset with the first GI for missing the lesion. When did they do the biopsy? Please update when you find out!

Bin, you're right, that is a little blurry, but I would probably say still wrong. I think most of us worry about something that will kill us, soon. I'm glad the beta blocker is helping. They have talked about that with me too (I get PVCs), but so far, for my issue, magnesium keeps it in check.

Andysa, also glad you've been wrong so far!
    Yes, I knew something was wrong because I continued having bleeding and low iron levels since September, which was when I had my first colonoscopy. The GI who performed the procedure got very upset with me because I kept pushing for more answers as to why I was bleeding. I finally had enough and requested a different GI, who found the lesion. I get the biopsy results tomorrow.

The most upsetting part for me is that I had made a post here a while ago and people actually got fed up with me being worried. It's so easy to dismiss others when you aren't experiencing the same thing. I'm still so young, only 17. Idk what the biopsy will show but if it's something bad...well, can't say I'm surprised really.

Quote Originally Posted by alwaysscared234 View Post
    The most upsetting part for me is that I had made a post here a while ago and people actually got fed up with me being worried. It's so easy to dismiss others when you aren't experiencing the same thing. I'm still so young, only 17. Idk what the biopsy will show but if it's something bad...well, can't say I'm surprised really.
    I've looked through your thread and your perception is skewed. Everyone was quite reassuring and supportive based on what you reported and all was reported clear from the first colonoscopy. Many responded, including myself that hemmies can cause blood as can fissures which they did find. The lesion? IMO, at your age, my gut is it will be benign as anything sinister is unheard of at your age. So they found some hemmies. Many people have them and frankly, stress aggravates the digestive system so I'm sure that wasn't helping.

The fact is, 99.99% of the time, what is feared is not what it is and just as much of the time it's anxiety related. You are posting on an anxiety forum after all.

I hope all turns out well. Let us know!

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

... But I would imagine at that point you get too busy fighting it...
    In my case, this is what happened.

I was right. One of the 0.00000001% of people on here who are/were "right". I was diagnosed with Hodgkin lymphoma on September 30 of last year. And next week is my last chemo treatment (yay!). Hasn't been fun, obviously, but I'm still alive. And I plan to be for a very long time. In all honesty, my anxiety has been next to nothing. Yes, I have some anxiety that any cancer patient would have, but beyond that, not nearly as much as before.

In my head, cancer was always my worst case scenario, even though in the grand scheme of life, it's not. So when your worst case scenario happens, what do you do? You fight. You deal with things. You move on. You realize that most worrying does absolutely no good. Too bad it only took me getting cancer to finally figure that out.

Quote Originally Posted by AnxiousInWA View Post
    In my case, this is what happened.

I was right. One of the 0.00000001% of people on here who are/were "right". I was diagnosed with Hodgkin lymphoma on September 30 of last year. And next week is my last chemo treatment (yay!). Hasn't been fun, obviously, but I'm still alive. And I plan to be for a very long time. In all honesty, my anxiety has been next to nothing. Yes, I have some anxiety that any cancer patient would have, but beyond that, not nearly as much as before.

In my head, cancer was always my worst case scenario, even though in the grand scheme of life, it's not. So when your worst case scenario happens, what do you do? You fight. You deal with things. You move on. You realize that most worrying does absolutely no good. Too bad it only took me getting cancer to finally figure that out.
    Way to go fellow warrior and survivor! Your sentiments echo mine concerning dealing with what life throws at you and you would be only the third person I know of here that actually had something going on. And you're spot on about focusing and doing what you have to do. It's not surprising that your anxiety took a back seat and has stayed there. I've heard the same thing from two others who faced their fears head on. And yes, you gain a new perspective on life, learn to value the little things and stop sweating the small stuff

With respect, I know you posted here but it was just one thread when this all started. Many have years of history, pages of threads and fears and are "0" for who knows how many

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Er, let me count up the ways I have been wrong….oh my gosh…I was 'right' on a grand total of….0 out of 13 grand illness scenarios and various other horrendous imagined predicaments. Many of these took up YEARS of my life. However, I have now made a commitment to my own mental health and am doing much better.

Alwaysscared, omg, definitely a good thing you pushed on that one! Though with rectal bleeding...that is such a physical symptom, one that isn't going to come from anxiety. I would probably be kind of upset with the first GI for missing the lesion. When did they do the biopsy? Please update when you find out!

Bin, you're right, that is a little blurry, but I would probably say still wrong. I think most of us worry about something that will kill us, soon. I'm glad the beta blocker is helping. They have talked about that with me too (I get PVCs), but so far, for my issue, magnesium keeps it in check.

Andysa, also glad you've been wrong so far!
    I agree, it's definitely more being wrong than right. I'm glad magnesium helps you! What lead to trying that? Was the magnesium blood count low/abnormal? All my labs are good aside from cholesterol, but my palpitations seem to be directly related to my level of stress and anxiety. As of late, I've not had (at least not noticed) a single palpitation in a couple weeks or more.

Always, please let us know how the biopsy turns out!

Anxious, oh wow! I'm so glad you have such a positive outlook on things. I think that's so important. Hard to do I'm sure, but very important!

Fishmanpa, you are always the voice of reason on here and I love that about you!

Bin, I actually saw a cardio guy and he said a good majority of the people he comes across have PVCs due to low magnesium. He said bloodwork doesn't accurately show your magnesium count. So he suggested to try it and see if it helped and he did a follow up about 6 weeks after that and then a couple months after that. It has definitely made a difference! He definitely said that stress, caffeine, unhealthy eating, can bring them about. I had a few days where they came back over Christmas, but I was eating like garbage and was under a crazy amount of stress. It has since subsided. I check in with him once a year now.

Good for you! I didn't know that about blood levels of magnesium. If they ever start to bother me again I will ask my doc or cardiologist about it. In the meantime I've vastly improved my overall diet, working on sleeping better, etc, so we'll see!

Good, I hope that is all helping! I need to work on the sleep a bit, but it's getting better!

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread Information