Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anxiety and finger nails.

Re: Anxiety and finger nails.

I don't think that your nails look too bad.. However, if you're still worry about them, you can try some tips in here https://authorityremedies.com/how-to...ails-stronger/ to improve your nails condition
    Don't worry too much They'll be alright soon!

Thanks everyone for replying, I hate anxiety it makes you focus on things that sometimes are not there. I find myself checking every bodies nails to see if they are similar. There is definitely a red patch under each tip but now I wonder if it has always been there. Looking Terry's nails tonight they do appear to much whiter than mine are. Need to stop asking Dr Google.

My nails look just like that and I freaked out just as you are.

That was 8 months ago, they have stayed the same and I have chilled out a bit after seeing they are like some other peoples

Am half thinking oh putting shellac on them to stop me looking at them but will still wonder what's underneath. Am at the docs next Thursday with something unrelated so might show the doctor. Think he will laugh though.

I can still see the red lines and wonder if anyone else can. I think I am going mad, everyone who I ask see's it but says it is normal

IMG_4528.JPG

IMG_4527.JPG

IMG_4529.JPG

IMG_4530.JPG

One of the most interesting aspects of anxiety I see on the boards is a skewed perception of reality. I recall a video of a woman (who was a member here) discussing how her hands were getting thinner and wasting away (they obviously weren't). She saw it with her own eyes and believed it with all her heart and soul even though no one else saw it.

I believe, that this same phenomenon is happening here. I truly believe you believe this but the reality is quite different.

Good luck and as always...

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Still panicking convinced I have terrys nails look at these picsIMG_4541.JPG

IMG_4543.JPG

IMG_4542.JPG

IMG_4539.JPG

IMG_4538.JPG

IMG_4537.JPG

IMG_4536.JPG

IMG_4534.JPG

No one here is a medical professional. That being said, to everyone here, they look normal. To you, they don't. Stop posting pics and just go to the doctor as nothing anyone can say will sway you from your belief. I have my "Told ya so" all ready

Positive thoughts
    Last edited by Fishmanpa; 14-03-17 at 15:18.
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Kuatir View Post
    I just Googled Terry's nails. (Don't do that anymore yourself, please). Your nails look nothing like Terry's nails.
    How did you see my nails?!!!

OP - I've had redness at the tips of mine for ever. Your nails look like any other nail I've seen.

I had this same type of fingernail anxiety myself for months and months four years ago - I could see all sorts of abnormalities but nobody else could, from my doctor to my parents and friends. Guess what - four years later, my nails still look exactly the same, and I'm fine.

I'm not a medical professional, but as far as I can see, your nails look 100% normal. Try to gradually start checking them less and less with every day, that's how I eventually stopped worrying about them. You will get past this, I promise!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information