Thread: How To Tell?

How To Tell?

For about 6 months now I've been getting 'panic attacks'. I don't know if you'd call them this. I get all hot and bothered, my legs and arms go all numb, my breaths are quick and fast, I struggle to get them in and I can't stop crying. I just drink water until it stops. I would class this as a panic attack but I'm too afraid to look into it because I'm scared. They usually happen when I'm worried and they put me in horrible moods where I get angry all the time and seem depressed. I had one at school and everybody laughed at me. I try to ignore it because I would get called an attention seeker if I talked to people about it. My family know about my first one but they think it stopped. Is this anxiety? Or is that something completely different? Advice and help on what to do if I have one please.

Re: How To Tell?

Sounds like a panic attack to me.
    I also get very thirsty after a panic attack.
    Have you discussed this with your doctor?

best wishes.

Panic attacks vary greatly from person to person, and yours seem to exhibit some of the more common symptoms.

Either way, if this is happening to you often, and you're suffering from mood swings, you should start to get these issues addressed.

Its hard to get courage to talk to someone about everything when I'm quite introverted. Any advice?

Your not alone, thats for sure. And people will be here to help you. I've had anxiety 20 plus years and I'm only 30! Lol. I get what you get and more. It's best to go to your doctors and get referred to a psychiatrist for evaluation to see what the best course of medication/counselling.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by confusedl View Post
    Its hard to get courage to talk to someone about everything when I'm quite introverted. Any advice?
    Doctor-patient confidentiality is a very real thing. Whatever you tell a medical professional will not leave those four walls, period. And I also have difficulty opening up to people but psychiatrists are so good at their job that once I started talking to one I can't seem to stop hahah.

Thread Information