Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Klonopin for the rest of my life? Any long term users.

Re: Klonopin for the rest of my life? Any long term users.

I'm in a similar situation as I have been prescribed 1mg a day of klonopin for the past 2 months.I also take venflaxine and mirtizapine which do not seem to be helping yet am being kept on them. I too am worried about becoming dependent on them, which I think I am.

How many milligrams of Venlafaxine are you on? I'm finding the medication helpful, but take half a tablet of Rivotril 0.5 mg on an as per needed basis.

Just to update I'm still on the klonopin but cross tapering off of citalopram into fluxotine. I've told my doctor I don't want to take klonopin forever and she said if the Prozac works I'll know when I'm ready to come off them. I knew when I was ready to come off Ativan so I guess I'll cross the klonopin bridge when I come to it.

Quote Originally Posted by kain View Post
    Just to update I'm still on the klonopin but cross tapering off of citalopram into fluxotine. I've told my doctor I don't want to take klonopin forever and she said if the Prozac works I'll know when I'm ready to come off them. I knew when I was ready to come off Ativan so I guess I'll cross the klonopin bridge when I come to it.
    My psych put me on escitalopram and clonazepam. He wanted me to take it daily and then even more as-needed. I did for a time but I was very aware of the possibility of being "hooked" and knew when I would be able to go off of the clonazepam. Now I only take as-needed, which is (thankfully) rare. My new psych was really happy to hear that I'd done that myself as the general thought is that long-term clonazepam isn't ideal.
    Sometimes I fly like an eagle, sometimes I'm deep in despair.

Hi
    I have bad anxiety and clonazapam helps me. I have been off and on it for rhe last few years. I have tried many antidepressants and am now trying Clomipramine. My psychiatrist said I may have to be on Clonazapam long term and he said that it would be just fine.
    I have to be able to function or why bother living. Anxiety is very cruel and painful.
    Mugs

Well, I'm still on Clonazapam (2MG daily). It's been a year now. This whole time i've been trying different antidepressents so that i don't need to take a benzo. I'm ashamed and scared that i have to rely on a benzo. Does anyone else still take their klonopin? Were you able to come off it when you found the right med?

I do. After having been on it for 9 years, I managed to stop taking it on a daily basis, but I still need to rely on it when I'm highly anxious... which is quite often, sadly.
    I relate to the feeling of shame. It's disappointing to know you're not able to control your anxiety without the aid of Klonopin. Also, it seems that no anti-depressant is quite right for me. I've tried 3 so far, and I still need Klonopin to fully relax me.

I know how you feel, Anna. It stinks to rely on a bento but I just need to accept it. I get terrible panic attack’s and need my life back. If that what helps, then so Be it

You're right. There's no need to beat yourself up over needing benzos every now and again. It's Monday today, so I'll try and cope without one, but I'm scared of panicking at work. Anxiety is such a bully.

I know how you feel. In fact, I'm starting think that I've gotten worse trying different antidepressents. I never had the extreme panicking before trying different SNRI's , SSRI's , etc. I only needed Xanax because I had a hard time tolerating an antidepressant. Right now I cold turkey Cymbalta, which is a bit brutal. I was having horrendous stomach pains and weight gain, so my doctor told me to stop now and to switch to Viibryd. I'm on a tiny dose of that right now. I almost feel like just stopping the antidepressant merry go round and maybe just try a beta blocker for my fast heart rate, and then trying to taper of Klonopin. Thoughts?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information