Hi All! About 3-4 weeks ago I noticed a hard lump underneath a mole on my upper arm. Being Ms. Dramatic I of course figured I had skin cancer. An appointment with my doctor assured me the mole was nothing but normal, but she couldn't say for sure what the "mass" was. I got sent for an ultrasound of the spot and the radiologist relayed to my doctor that it "wasn't a cyst" and "didn't look like a lipoma". They suggested I have it biopsied as they couldn't definitively rule out the "C" word. I met with a surgeon yesterday who went against the radiologist and said we were "likely dealing with a lipoma", but of course he can't say for sure without seeing it (totally understandable). I have it entirely removed next week. I'm worried about the procedure itself (he is doing it right in his office), and am even more worried about the results of the biopsy. My main concern is not understanding why the radiologist would relay that it "doesn't look like a lipoma", and the surgeon would feel that it is.

For the first time in over 12 years of struggling with health anxiety, there is actually something palpable that I of course see as "proof" that I'm not going to live past next month. Past self-diagnoses have included HIV, Rabies and ALS, but of course there was never any "true proof".

Does anyone have any experience with an outpatient "lump" removal? Thanks ahead of time. [/FONT]