Thread: pelvic exam today (ladies only)

pelvic exam today (ladies only)

Hi everyone

so I went for my pelvic exam today as I'd had a small amount of bleeding between periods. She said everything looked ok and she took some swabs and to see how we go, if it did come back she would refer me but she said she didn't see any bleeding or anything to cause concern.

I get really worried over things you see I had cancer when i was 15 (now 26) so anytime something happens to my body I always think the worst

So obviously she isn't worried about it otherwise she wouldn't allow me to go on two more cycles she would refer me stat right?

Re: pelvic exam today (ladies only)

I've had this as well. I don't get regular periods and was having some pain in my lower right pelvis and was told I may have PCOS. I had a really sharp pain and then some spotting between my periods for about 3 days (as I said I don't have regular periods but can tell the difference between spotting and a period).

They couldn't see anything that looked abnormal for me either. I also had thyroid cancer last year so understand how when you have had cancer that you have something happen to your body that's out of the ordinary and you automatically jump to the worst conclusion.

Spotting between periods can also just be a sign of ovulation as well.

Fingers crossed all goes well for you!

Thanks for the lovely reply i apprecate it. Ive been going through a dodgy time atm worrying about this so when ive posted on here some people have been a little short with me which has made me worse so i do appreciate that alot.

How is this for weird it was thyriod cancer i had so we have something in common there!

So if she had said it all looked fine and dandy up there youd be happy with that? I know i should be but my emotions are all over the place atm xxxxx

That's so weird that we both had the same type of cancer! What type of cancer did you have? I had papillary thyroid cancer.

It can be really tough having healthy anxiety! I experience it on a daily basis. Sometimes you literally feel like you are crazy! At least I do anyway

Yes, if I got told it all looked fine then I would be ok. I would probably stress for a bit but then I'd most likely find something else to worry about. As long as you keep on top of getting your regular pap smear etc I'm sure you will be ok!

If something is wrong, there will usually be multiple symptoms and/or things will get worse or not improve. See how you go for a couple of months and if you still get spotting or develop pain etc then go back to the doctor to get further tests.

I find for me that when I'm worried about something that's wrong with me and I constantly think about it and worry about it then any symptoms I have seem to be amplified. If my mind is busy or I'm really involved in something and I'm not thinking about it, I'll realise after a bit that my symptoms are gone! Or else another symptom totally unrelated will take the first symptoms place and the original symptom will disappear (if that makes sense!)

Youve just explained my life in that last block of text that is classic me!

I find when my mind isnt distracted its far worse! When im working im fine, exercising or if im doing something i enjoy like blogging or baking they subside. Its when i dont have the motivation to do these things my thoughts set in.

I had my first smear in october and it was clear so this should be enough for a normal person haha im never happy but i cant carry on like this i need to sort myself out! My aniexty comes in waves i can be fine for months on end and then something will happen and it sets me off again

I had same cancer as you im on thyroxcine now and also calcium suppliments as they took away part of my gland

Hey! Maybe I can offer some reassurance. I had bleeding in between periods for a year. A YEAR. It was insane. My bloods came back fine, pap smear was clear and ultrasound was clear. The doc had no answer for me. She told me to go on birth control, but I refused as we were trying for a baby at the time. Anyway, I researched a tonne online and apparently it can be caused by stress as well as hormone fluctuations. I suppose if I had taken the birth control it may have fixed the problem faster, but the bleeding slowly disappeared. I still have no idea why it happened.

Also, the thyroid controls the production of certain hormones. Maybe the meds you're taking or the treatments caused some sort of hormone fluctuation?

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thread Information