Thread: Liver Function Slightly Elevated and General Worries about Aches

Unhappy Liver Function Slightly Elevated and General Worries about Aches

Hi! I'm new to this site. My anxiety has gotten rapidly worse over the past few weeks. Basically about 6/7 weeks ago, I had a little blood in my urine which I've been assured by Docs is nothing to worry about. But I'm left with this dull occasional throbbing pain in my pelvis, along with pains in my sides, worse on the right and worse in the morning. Also very constipated and tummy keeps gargling (which is unlike me, I'm regular as clockwork!) So I went back to the doctor, she took a blood test 'if it would make me feel better' - I figured it would probably be ok but no, my 'liver levels are a tiny bit elevated'. Ok, WHAT?! what does that mean?! what's wrong with my liver! The receptionist at the docs said its a 'tiny bit' higher than the usual range so I have to go back in 2 weeks but i'm in major panic mode now. can't concentrate at work or anything. I'm not desperately overweight, and I have type 1 diabetes (which is well controlled) but other than that I am a healthy sort of person, I hardly ever have alcohol. can't stop googling my symptoms and am worried I have a fatty liver, but that doesn't explain the constipation and pelvic pain! I think I should see a counsellor about this...its taking over my every thought :(

Re: Liver Function Slightly Elevated and General Worries about Aches

Hi, i understand your concern but try to keep calm ( I know how hard it is & I would panic too because I can't deal with anything like that) Please don't google, it can make you believe a common cold is cancer! Did the doctor give you any explanation? Might be worth calling her & asking what it means. It could be as it is tiny it is little cause for concern? See if she can put your mind at ease a bit because two weeks is a long time if you are panicking.xx

Thread Information