Hey there,

So, I'm sure some people will disagree with this approach as it involves 'engaging' with obsessive thoughts too much. But it's something my therapist suggested I try, and I've found it quite a fun exercise, so do feel free to pitch in your own.

Basically, the game is to write out your OCD fears and themes as if they were being reported in a really trashy news outlet. So mine goes:

BEATROON CRUELLY DISPATCHES BELOVED WIFE FOR NO DISCERNIBLE REASON USING ONLY THE POWER OF HER BRAIN; WHOLE STREET APPALLED BY CALLOUS TREATMENT; FLAG AT BUCKINGHAM PALACE FLYING AT HALF-MAST; PRIME MINISTER MAY TO HOLD SPECIAL DEBATE ON NEW 'THOUGHT-MAGIC'; BEATROON FLEES TO SOUTH AMERICA WHERE SHE IS WORSHIPPED AS GOD BY UNCONTACTED PAPUA NEW GUINEAN TRIBE

In the days of my really bad health anxiety, it might be:

LOCAL WOMAN RIDDLED WITH 150 APPALLING ILLNESSES DESPITE BEING GIVEN ALL-CLEAR BY GP; 'I KNEW I WAS RIGHT' SAYS TRAGIC BEATROON, 36, WHO NOW FACES LIFE AS A WHEELCHAIR USER; TRAGIC BEATROON FOUND TO NOT HAVE A FUNCTIONAL BRAINSTEM etc etc etc.

Would find it fun to hear about other people's, but not if it's upsetting for anyone obviously. Anyway I thought I would share the technique as I'm finding it helpful!

Beatroon