Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Some words of comfort...please

Some words of comfort...please

My symptoms are getting worse. The pain around the ribs are not going away, now I have lower back pain, the pain right under the left side rib is still there; well; not really pain but discomfort. There is also a sligt ache in the upper back. Not going away

I am sorry if I am annoying anyone here but I sit and cry. I feel this is the end of my life; that I am close to dying a horrible death very soon. I am scared of talking to my own family members about my horryfying fears.

Again, I am sorry to bother you here. Yesterday I also felt irritation on the right lower side of the stomach AFTER EATING. I am truly convinced my worst fears are about to materialise.
    Last edited by paranoid-viking; 10-03-17 at 12:17.

Re: Some words of comfort...please

Rib pain (both muscular and bone from injuries) is horrible and takes a while to go away.

You're not annoying anyone, most of us have been there at some point. Sorry you feel so bad. Have you been to a doctor about your symptoms? You'll most likely find you are not dying & most likely anxiety making you feel worse. Please try to get some help, hoping you feel better soon xx

Quote Originally Posted by Capercrohnj View Post
    Rib pain (both muscular and bone from injuries) is horrible and takes a while to go away.
    It is not exrubiating(sic)pain, but it is tender to touch and irritated. And unfortunately I have read that it is the symptom of a death sentence.

---------- Post added at 13:20 ---------- Previous post was at 13:18 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Cakelady View Post
    You're not annoying anyone, most of us have been there at some point. Sorry you feel so bad. Have you been to a doctor about your symptoms? You'll most likely find you are not dying & most likely anxiety making you feel worse. Please try to get some help, hoping you feel better soon xx

I am dialing my doctor at this precise moment actually.
    How can I feel relaxed when I have read online that symptoms of the cancer I fear can come and go for one or two years before it flares up? nYes; I have read that and although my doc say it is not like that some victims testemonies says it is.

Ok, you are not annoyed but I get the impression that, um, two others posters DO get annoyed by my fears and are questioning my need for reasurance.

I'm not, really feel for you feeling this way, I know how hard it is. Just want you to get better. Try not to get advice from the internet, can just make you feel worse. Hope you get on ok at the doctors xx

Internet can be a curse sometimes.

Tell me about it, don't think my h/a would be as bad if I didn't have internet...a little information is a bad thing! xx

Quote Originally Posted by paranoid-viking View Post
    Internet can be a curse sometimes.
    Stop using it as a source of health related information, then.

After eating suggests digestive.

I wonder, do you take part in any hobbies? A bit of a tangent, but bear with me.

There are people on the Internet who tell you that certain politicians are aliens trying to take over. Some are just trolls trying to scare people. Some are attaching two separate events together and claiming their cancer had come before.

I can remember one post someone here took from a cancer forum where the relative posting believed similiar symptoms over a couple of years meant the cancer stopped & started. But they offered no evidence of this at all other than symptoms which could have been attributed to many other things. That cancer sufferer will have had something else first and they are applying a bias to confirm what they wish to.

A doctor is trained to be objective and stay clear of bias.

Yes, there are slow growing cancers that take years. But you are worrying about one of the aggressive forms of cancer and these really don't appear to come & go because their symptoms are low grade types in the first place.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information