Thread: Scared out of my mind

Scared out of my mind

So two years ago I had a panic attack and ever since than I don't feel like my self I felt like I was on auto pilot for a year and half now that went away I just don't feel like my old self and it's scaring me, but I saw something on ego death and I'm freaked right out I've never done acid or anything like that I don't even drink and I've never had a traumatic experience is this ego death I'm freaking out

Re: Scared out of my mind

What is ego death? I can't say I've ever heard of it which is a red flag to me as it sounds like a sufferers term, which can mean misconceptions.

People that take acid and lsd can get it idk it's scaring the crap out of me

Well since you've never used those substances, and they weren't the trigger process for your panic attack and resulting symptoms, it can't be that.

This leaves you with the spiritual/mysticism sides of ego death, which I now know what you are talking about since I'm aware of the transcendence in Buddhism. But the thing is, this is a process that takes a he'll of a lot of effort to achieve.

Whereas suffering panic attacks and having DP/DR and various blunted emotions is possible without those substances or the immense effort needed in meditation practice.

I think you need to consider what you mean by "not my old self". I doubt I've met many anxiety sufferers who haven't beaten their anxiety, or made significant gains, that would say they feel their old self either.

Thread Information