Thread: come here due to fear of passing out, hello all

come here due to fear of passing out, hello all

Hi there my name is chantelle i am 31, i'm from hull and i have a major fear of passing out!

I guess it is caused by a few things, one being that the only time i ever lost consciousness was when i was drugged as a child & that was a terrifying experience where i almost lost my life! and also I have a fear of dying in general, so i guess that doesn't help either!

I found this forum whilst looking for stuff on the fear of passing out, as tonight i have come over the feintest i have in my entire life! i think i have some virus perhaps, or something and i have been feeling awful for idk? about an hour now!

So yeah... i am a gibbering tired wreck who is afraid to go to sleep right now!

and i just thought i really need to find somewhere i can chat to others who might understand me, so hello to you all, i hope you are feeling better than i am x and if you feel horrific like i do now, as you read this, then i wish you well and that you feel better as fast as possible, whatever your phobia is! i know how horrible phobias are! have dealt with a few in my time i'll tell you!! 😕

Welcome to No More Panic!

Hiya terrifiedfluttershy and welcome to NMP

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Re: come here due to fear of passing out, hello all

Hello there and welcome to NMP
    I'm the insomniatic night owl and usually am until about 3 am(oops )
    I'm sorry to hear about your phobia of passing out, it is a horrible thing to experience I can tell you that, I too have a horrific fear of dying which can be a drag, I really hope you find the forum supportive/helpful and don't hesitate to give me a message if you need someone to vent to

All the best

"Sometimes you win, sometimes you learn."

"Be gentle with yourself, you're doing the best you can"

Good morning terrifiedfluttersh. I hope you are still checking for updates and welcome to the site. Many years ago when my panic first flared up I was sitting in a therapist office a total wreck. I saw that I was beginning to have a panic attack and the first thing he asked me was, "You feel like passing out don't you?" I looked up and said, "Yes." His reply really pissed me off at the time, but it was so poignant now. He said, "Well go ahead and pass out." "I mean your sitting down, and I'm right here, you'll be fine."

Like I said, at the moment I wanted to slug him. But I have to admit it did calm me down (or at least piss me off). And since then I've learned if you recognize the fear, accept that you're feeling, been let go. I usually find it passes and I can end up having a decent day.

I know this sounds way too simple, but it worked for me. Or at least it opened my eyes to greater truths that we can beat this thing. I recommend a book by Geert Verschaeve titled: How to stop anxiety and panic attacks. It's available on Amazon in paperback and Kindle.

terrifiedfluttershy I hope something I said helps. Best to you on you journey, NMP is a great place to vent your fears and find others that understand.

Thanks for the messages guys �� will check out the forum a bit more soon when i feel better, gotten a horrific abscess and haven't slept properly in 4 days!

well i guess that's one way to take my mind off my fear huh?! haha (having something else to be concerned about!)

i think to be honest i'd rather my fear! this not sleeping and the agony is no fun! ��

oh and clydesdale epona, me too! i'm always awake til mental hours! partly my condition makes my body clock awol! i'm never awake at normal hours!

Thread Information