Quote Originally Posted by dmc1892 View Post
Today I read about a football player who had been diagnosed with ALS/MND and my anxious mind started to think all of these negative things but once again I came to this post and it really does take away any anxious or negative feelings .

I urge all people worrying to read this . It’s in black and white
Couldn't agree more!

Just went down the dark health anxiety hole again. Had my second GP's appointment today (after a blood test) and was around anxiety and the symptoms I've been experiencing. Basically, she didn't even examine me, should told me I don't have MND (ALS) and to stop thinking that. I've just started taking one Sertraline a day (anyone else?) and booked myself in for come CBT.

I came out more positive, second GP to tell me I don't have MND/ALS and that they weren't worried at all. Then I started worrying again for no reason, thinking about MND/ALS, thinking about early death, thinking about the terrible news from the footballer who is the same age as me and all things that come with that. I did some googling and read two articles, one saying that he first sign she had was aches in her arms and found it hard to lift things and the other talking about stiff fingers. Then it starts again, logic goes out of the window and the anxiety kicks in.