Thread: Pneumonia

Pneumonia

I'm so freaked out about pneumonia and anything else that affects your breathing--like pulmonary embolisms. I pretty much bury myself with all the worry whenever I catch colds. Being pregnant makes these fears even more scary because it lowers your immune system, and I've read horror stories online.

I mean, would you know if you had something wrong? It scares me so much because I do have a condition that affects my breathing, so I worry that I'll never know if something is really wrong.

Is there a way to get rid of these fears without medication? Talk therapy isn't really working because I've always had it with meds :(

Re: Pneumonia

I cant help you much but my daughter had pneumonia and she was very poorly, really high temp she was very very lethargic, the worst I have ever seen her.

Talk to your OB about meds you can take while pregnant. I know tons of people who stayed on meds throughout pregnancy.

Also, you see a doctor so often while pregnant that they would definitely notice. And you'd be very sick with pneumonia. High fever, etc.

The meds they've said are safe do not work for me. Also, I may have to take heart meds depending on what's found on my holter, so I don't want to try a med that's category C or D for anxiety because the heart meds side effects already scare me enough.

Thread Information