Thread: rant needed.

rant needed.

Hi guys,

So I developed agoraphobia last year after having panic disorder for years.
    I also have a huge fear of healthcare settings, dentists especially.
    Now I have this tooth that is broken and has caused infections over the past year, the dentist has always been super understanding and has prescribed me amoxicillin over the phone.
    Today my tooth started niggling and is quite painful, I phoned my dentist and he said he won't prescribe as he hasn't seen me for a year and that he won't give me the amoxicillin unless I go into the surgery for an appointment.

I wish people understood more, it's not just that I'm terrified of the dentist, it's so much more than that.

Just needed a little rant to people who get it! Xx

Re: rant needed.

I totally get it trust me I do x
    But if its causing you a lot of pain I urge you to at least try and get an appointment
    I know its terrifying and much easier said than done but in the long run it'll be better for your physical wellbeing and help you conquer your fear x

All the best

"Sometimes you win, sometimes you learn."

"Be gentle with yourself, you're doing the best you can"

I've phoned my GP who knows my full history and I'm waiting on a decision from him as to whether he'll prescribe them for me. If not I'll have to go to the dentist if it gets worse.

I know what you're saying about helping me overcome my fear and I know it makes sense. In general my agoraphobia recovery has been going amazing lately, I'm even going to centre parcs next week! But healthcare settings are still really difficult for me especially knowing that I need an extraction.

I'm not necessarily annoyed with the dentist (he's a lovely guy) it's just most people's total lack of understand about agoraphobia that gets frustrating sometimes.

Sometimes you just need a rant haha

Hi Marie

I totally understand your situation having had different stages of agoraphobia for many years. It's really frustrating when something like this happens and you just know deep down that the problem ie: the tooth isn't going to improve until you have it dealt with. I've been down that road sooooo many times.

You sound like you are doing super fab though!!. Centre Parcs would be a huge no no for me at the moment so good on you gal!!

Continue to kick ass and I hope you get the antibiotics from the doctor.

Lisa
    x

But the tooth will need to be sorted at some point :(

Thanks for the replies guys!

The tooth seems to have settled down so maybe it isn't as bad as I first thought!
    I know the tooth needs sorting eventually but thankfully I have an amazing dentist who is really understanding. I'm hoping that going to centre parcs will give me the confidence to visit the dreaded dentist, I've been terrified of them for as long as I can remember so it's not something I look forward to but I'm ready to be rid of this tooth haha! X

Update:

I ended up going private and got the antibiotics from a gp, hopefully I'll be toothache free very soon!
    I've also booked a dental appointment for may (earliest they had) and I'm very optimistic that I'll be okay to go by then x

Thread Information