Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    4,401

    On Waiting List CBT

    I think I may be on the way to get CBT through my local Mind office just spoke with some one at Mind who says there could a waiting list of 12 weeks but in certain circumstances this can be reduced to 4 weeks depending on the severity of the problem. This is to help with my hoarding problems and may include some practical help well according to Mind's web site it should include just need some moral support on this, as 10 years + is a long time to be like this Wish me luck please Thanks for reading Cheers

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    1,006

    Re: On Waiting List CBT

    Aw I'm so glad to hear you can help/support with it, my short CBT worked pretty well for me so I wish you the same

    All the best
    __________________
    - Laine


    "Sometimes you win, sometimes you learn."


    "Be gentle with yourself, you're doing the best you can"




  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    377

    Re: On Waiting List CBT

    Brilliant news. CBT is a great treatment and I'm so glad you've made good steps in getting support! Well done.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    4,401

    Re: On Waiting List CBT

    Quote Originally Posted by Clydesdale Epona View Post
    Aw I'm so glad to hear you can help/support with it, my short CBT worked pretty well for me so I wish you the same

    All the best
    Thank you prior to calling Mind I called a few other numbers, one wanted 30 membership fee + 15-50 per session they aren't getting my money sooner stay ill at that cost. Cheers

    ---------- Post added at 12:32 ---------- Previous post was at 12:29 ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by beatroon View Post
    Brilliant news. CBT is a great treatment and I'm so glad you've made good steps in getting support! Well done.
    Me too it wasn't easy many hurdles to jump over, nearly gave up glad I didn't though thanks again Cheers

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    1,006

    Re: On Waiting List CBT

    Whoa! I know some people want you to pay but even that's a bit much come on ��
    x

    All the best
    __________________
    - Laine


    "Sometimes you win, sometimes you learn."


    "Be gentle with yourself, you're doing the best you can"




  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    4,401

    Re: On Waiting List CBT

    Quote Originally Posted by Clydesdale Epona View Post
    Whoa! I know some people want you to pay but even that's a bit much come on ��
    x

    All the best
    I would rather wait a bit and have the service for free Cheers and it's self referral too!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    1,006

    Re: On Waiting List CBT

    Oh yeah mine was too,
    I didn't even know it existed until I did internet research, my GP kept saying there was nothing I was bad enough for but then I stumbled onto it, I really helped change the way I think and I'm starting to see hope and light, I hope it all works out as well for you

    All the best
    __________________
    - Laine


    "Sometimes you win, sometimes you learn."


    "Be gentle with yourself, you're doing the best you can"




  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    4,401

    Re: On Waiting List CBT

    Quote Originally Posted by Clydesdale Epona View Post
    Oh yeah mine was too,
    I didn't even know it existed until I did internet research, my GP kept saying there was nothing I was bad enough for but then I stumbled onto it, I really helped change the way I think and I'm starting to see hope and light, I hope it all works out as well for you

    All the best
    What the actual CBT or the free service? Hey thanks so do I it's been a long haul up to now but seem to be getting there Cheers

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    1,006

    Re: On Waiting List CBT

    The free services it pretty was well hidden haha
    __________________
    - Laine


    "Sometimes you win, sometimes you learn."


    "Be gentle with yourself, you're doing the best you can"




Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Long waiting list.
    By bingjam in forum Health Anxiety
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 29-01-17, 12:46
  2. cbt waiting list 12/18 months im worrying what do i do
    By emmalj0 in forum Health Anxiety
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 18-06-15, 21:53
  3. Therapy waiting list
    By sharona in forum General Anxiety / Generalised anxiety disorder (GAD)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 25-04-09, 10:23
  4. cbt waiting list
    By becs in forum CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 24-09-08, 21:29
  5. NHS Waiting List for therapy
    By Star in forum Therapy
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 24-08-07, 11:19

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •