Thread: 'I haven't thought about... for a long time'

'I haven't thought about... for a long time'

Hi everyone. Since you guys know, I've been dealing with an obsession about suicide for quite a while know. The anxiety around this has gotten better since B12 injections, BUT I keep thinking 'I haven't thought about suicide for a while', usually it's also the first thing I think about when I wake up, and it's kind of bothering me. How will this ever go away when my mind keeps reminding me about it?

Re: 'I haven't thought about... for a long time'

This does go away, mine did.

It's the same as when you are feeling you are having a good day and then an intrusive thought pops in "shouldn't' you be anxious?" and then you start obsessing and it just brings the anxiety back sooner to ruin your better period.

I've spoken to people on here and in face-to-face groups who have experienced this. Try to learn to accept that it is ok to feel different as you do now. This way you get used to the better, non anxious periods, and they get longer as well as not encouraging anxiety to return.

Just think of it as an option. Should I be anxious? Nope, no need. OK, I don't need to be then. The subconscious is just looking for risks, if you dismiss it as not a risk, it's becomes intuitive and these intrusive thoughts will stop coming.

Thread Information