Thread: Dimple in breast from biopsy/hematoma

Dimple in breast from biopsy/hematoma

Last year was FULL of breast worries for me. I found a indentation back in Jan. 2016, had that fully checked with a mammogram, ultrasound and breast MRI. The surgeon concluded it was just loss of elasticity from having babies (I'm 32). Its been over a year and its remained stable so I have totally let that go. Then in June 2016 I found a lump, same breast just different area. I had a mammogram, 2 ultrasounds and a core needle biopsy. Came back as reactive scar tissue. I had the biopsy in November, they nicked a blood vessel during the biopsy so I had a large hematoma from it. Its now 3.5 almost 4 months later and the swelling has gone down, I cannot physically see the hematoma anymore but I still feel a little bit of it still present under the skin (a rubbery lump that hurts when I press on it) the skin over the hematoma is still barely bruised ever so slightly. Anyway, Sunday night I was laying in bed on my side and happen to catch a glimpse of my breast. I noticed there is a dimple right where the hematoma was located. I figured it was from that but now a couple days later I'm feeling my anxiety rising. I noticed the dimple is there all the time but get worse when I raise my arms or lay on my side. I've googled my heart out and found some reassurance but also scary stuff too. I'm REALLY trying to work on my anxiety so I don't want to run to the doctor to get more tests and go down that path. Has this happened to anyone else?

---------- Post added 16-03-17 at 01:51 ---------- Previous post was 15-03-17 at 22:31 ----------

Anyone? I'm scared. :(

Re: Dimple in breast from biopsy/hematoma

It sounds to me that the dimple is from trauma to the area.

Now, if you had nothing going on and there was a dimple, then I'd feel more concern.

It's good to get the drs official word for your peace of mind. :-)

Thank you Nancy for your reply! I hope that's all it is but how can I be sure. I.know I need to go see my Dr bit last year was just awful with my anxiety over breast worries. I saw my Dr so many times, had so many tests, it really did me in. I had completely let it all go the last 4 months and it's been amazing. Here I am again with the what ifs. :(

---------- Post added at 14:36 ---------- Previous post was at 11:04 ----------

I gave in, I'm seeing my gynecologist next Wednesday. I'm completely terrified.

Just a question... in the time you had relative peace on this fear, what did you do to get to that point? Therapy? Meds? Self-Help?

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    Just a question... in the time you had relative peace on this fear, what did you do to get to that point? Therapy? Meds? Self-Help?

Positive thoughts
    I've been practicing deep breathing when I feel my anxiety rising, trying to change my thought process. I also got myself on a work out routine and eating better and been working on my spiritual health. In the past 6 weeks I've had SEVERAL worries pop up but I've been successful in talking myself out of them until this happened. This one I cannot seem to.

Quote Originally Posted by Leslie735 View Post
    I've been practicing deep breathing when I feel my anxiety rising, trying to change my thought process. I also got myself on a work out routine and eating better and been working on my spiritual health. In the past 6 weeks I've had SEVERAL worries pop up but I've been successful in talking myself out of them until this happened. This one I cannot seem to.
    That's definitely a great start and I've noticed a decrease in your posting which is a huge positive but I recall this one really got you before. I'm quite sure I'll be giving you a "Told ya so" just based on your history While you're at the doctor, ask about CBT. I think, with some of those techniques/tools under your belt along with what you've been doing, it will help you get out of the more intense spirals. And talk about meds too. There's nothing wrong with a little crutch to help you get your feet under when needed.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    That's definitely a great start and I've noticed a decrease in your posting which is a huge positive but I recall this one really got you before. I'm quite sure I'll be giving you a "Told ya so" just based on your history While you're at the doctor, ask about CBT. I think, with some of those techniques/tools under your belt along with what you've been doing, it will help you get out of the more intense spirals. And talk about meds too. There's nothing wrong with a little crutch to help you get your feet under when needed.

Positive thoughts
    Thank you, I really am trying, I refuse to keep living like this. But this one just is different. One that seems VERY real. I have to get it checked out otherwise I'll never let it rest. Thank you for the suggestions and support. I pray you are right!

Tomorrow is my doctor appointment with my gynecologist and I'm a nervous wreck. This morning I thought I was going to have a panic attack. :(

I really feel for you as I've been caught in this cycle for years.
    The trouble is your bombarded by the importance of checking for changes. I get cysts and I am unable to know unless I have tests if they are bad or not so my life is a constant worry about my breasts.

I'm sure it's fine but glad you're going to get it checked.

HA is a living hell and I feel for everyone affected on this forum x

It's definitely time consuming and the OCD comes out where you want to constant check for reassurance. Ugh!

I saw my gynecologist yesterday. She dismissed it pretty quickly said it's from the healing hematoma and could take 6 months to go away completely. I feel reassured but what if you know. Ugh!

Thread Information