Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: starting citalopram today few questions

starting citalopram today few questions

I just want to hear from people who had a good experience

in I have loads of physical symptoms buy I never hear anyone talk about them vanishing once they take this medication

did anyone suffer from dizziness a lot but found it went away on this ?

I have bad panic attacks and tingling. pressure in head. legs vibrate. while body vibrates at night. breathing issues etc

also both my docs said don't listen to reviews online because most people don't experience side effects

Re: starting citalopram today few questions

Hello. I have been taking 10mg Cit for about 15 months and although they stopped my panic attacks [ which I was really happy about ] but if I'm honest it hasn't done much for fuzzy head, shaking limbs and general anxiety. I know I am on a low dose but I am age 60 plus and don't want to take a stronger dose. I am trying CBT techniques now to see if that helps. Good luck with your treatment.

hi thanks ks for that. did you get side effects ? both my legs vibrate all the time and my left leg has felt weaker than the other and burns etc for 2 years now. I saw a neuro thrn and he said I was fine. if it was neurological do you think I would have known by now ? I'm scared to take citalopram I really am but I feel horrible

Yes I'm sure they are side effects, which I did get, but as I have said unfortunately the side effects for me, at least some of them, never left me. I'm sure you will be fine because you have been checked out and the side effects will fade in time. try not to worry about it.

sorry I mean these are my symptoms before starting any kind of meds. it makes me worry about ms

Quote Originally Posted by insideout20 View Post
    did anyone suffer from dizziness a lot but found it went away on this ?
    Dizziness is a common anxiety symptom which should resolve once the antidepressant kicks-in, but is may worsen in the first couple of weeks as antidepressants often worsen anxiety at the beginning (and also for a short while after dose increases).

I have bad panic attacks and tingling. pressure in head. legs vibrate. while body vibrates at night. breathing issues etc
    An antidepressant should help with all of these if they are anxiety driven.

also both my docs said don't listen to reviews online because most people don't experience side effects
    They are correct. Most people don't have significant side-effects when first taking an antidepressant. Med forums such as this one mostly attract the minority that do so can give a very distorted picture.

Quote Originally Posted by panic_down_under View Post
    Dizziness is a common anxiety symptom which should resolve once the antidepressant kicks-in, but is may worsen in the first couple of weeks as antidepressants often worsen anxiety at the beginning (and also for a short while after dose increases).

An antidepressant should help with all of these if they are anxiety driven.

They are correct. Most people don't have significant side-effects when first taking an antidepressant. Med forums such as this one mostly attract the minority that do so can give a very distorted picture.

hi, thanks for replying and I hope I will find relief, I need to stop reading reviews and just take them and see what happens, online it has an 8/10 review so that should do for me.
    is it true if you get bad sides it means that there is a good chance they will really help because it shows how bad you need them ? sounds like a myth to me

is it true if you get bad sides it means that there is a good chance they will really help because it shows how bad you need them ? sounds like a myth to me
    And to me. Even people who don't have an anxiety disorder/depression may become anxious initially if they take antidepressants - some people do in the belief they will become better than "normal". They are wasting their money because what is true is the significant down-regulation of neurotransmitter levels, etc, seen in those with these disorders don't occur if they don't have them, however, they do get the initial spike in serotonin activity which triggers increased anxiety in the first few weeks.

Also, most side-effects don't involve the brain. Serotonin is not just a brain neurotransmitter, the brain is only a minor user synthesizing and using a little under 2% of the total amount made in the body, about as much as the skin and blood vessels.

ok thanks for this. I guess I will find out I just hope I bI am someone who says it changed my life for the better. reviews online average 8/10 so hopefully

reviews online average 8/10 so hopefully
    Reviews are worthless as, perhaps more than any other category of meds, antidepressant responses are very dependent on how the drug meshes with individual biology. If 999,999 people out of a million report an antidepressant is the greatest drug they've ever taken this is no guarantee it will work for you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information