Thread: lyrica

lyrica

i have just started this med at 150mg a day 2 x75mg, took my second dose, feeling spaced out and do have anxiety this morning, nothing major if fact i don't know why other than the med side effect. You see i take an array of anxiety meds. ie 5mg olanzapine plus 15mg Mirtazapine, and a 6mg of lorazepam a day. a tolerance that cannot be lowered after 20 years. The LYRICA - PREGABALIN is a plan to ditch the OLANZAPINE and the MIRTAZAPINE and get stable on just LYRICA AND LORAZEPAM i don't mind what dose so long has it takes effect, it should also help with my Arthritis has its main job is pain relief. Thanks and i would like some feedback if possible

Re: lyrica

Hi Braindead,

You are taking quite a mix of medications that all have some effect on anxiety! Pregabalin itself shouldn't increase your anxiety, but many people feel increased anxiety when starting on a new medication, or stopping or changing doses. It's best to take things slowly.

If you stop the mirtazapine and olanzapine, you should definitely taper down at your own rate. At the same time, the pregabalin dose may need to increase. I assume you are doing this with a doctor well-experienced with mental health meds. The best of luck to you.

YES my shrink and nurse are on the ball. i am over 65 so they home visit, the lorazepam i can go up easy and back to the six mg in an emergency without a problem, but with the meds i take now i need to taper slow has you replied, after week on pregabalin i will shave a bit off the MIRT i have been on 7 months i have detoxed down from 45mg to 15 no problem in the last 3 weeks. The last 15mg will be the worst, i will ask to go up to 300mg max pregabalin to help my detox of the olanzapine and mirtazapine, thanks for your answer. I recovering from my 4 th massive breakdown all SSRIs ss NRIs and it add ons dont work anymore after 40 years bipolar . olanzapine is my mood stabilizer and mirtazapine my AD both last resort meds has they cause to much weight gain, i am hoping a high dose of pregabalin will rid me of the 2 offenders that at the time saved my life.

Quote Originally Posted by braindead View Post
    I recovering from my 4 th massive breakdown all SSRIs ss NRIs and it add ons dont work anymore after 40 years bipolar
    What about TCAs and MAOIs?

no thanks to many side-effects and food restrictions , so what about lyrica its something i have never tried, it may be the magic bullet i have already started dropping olanzapine my mood stabilizer, if i get rid of Mirtazapine has i know it doing nothing but help sleep . Then go up on Lyrica has high has needed i am getting no side effects from lyrica , the side effect i am getting now are from withdrawal of olanzapine and there brutal. JUST think if i could just have my 6mg lorazepam and lyrica at the right level , i certainly would not go into the dead zone meds you mentiom no matter how bad i feel
    Last edited by braindead; 23-03-17 at 12:17.

i certainly would not go into the dead zone meds you mentiom no matter how bad i feel
    I hadn't realised I've been living in the "dead zone" for the last 30 years. I thought I was doing really well. Kept a very demanding job, traveled extensively when before I couldn't even leave the house, lived and loved, etc, and I've not had a panic attack in decades. Thanks for the heads up.

why are you on the lyrica forum if your meds are great, please list your meds and i will give my humble opinion why i dont want them, i see you post quite a bit about your meds but never name them and mg them

why are you on the lyrica forum if your meds are great, please list your meds and i will give my humble opinion why i dont want them, i see you post quite a bit about your meds but never name them and mg them
    225mg dosulepin, aka dothiepin. Been on the same dose for nearly 21 years, and 300-350mg imipramine before that.

Thread Information