Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: worried sick ive got chest pain

plz help

I'm struggling at the moment with chest pain and shoulder pain the chest pain has been going on for a week now its been burning severly now its stabbing and I have tender spots on my chest. Two days ago I got pain in my shoulder and my left arm was aching. I have had tests including ecg chest xray blood tests my esr and crp have evaluated meaning inflammation somewhere. Ive never been so scared in my life today I rung 999 thought I was having a heart attack. my ecg showed normal sinus rhythm. My anxiety is sky high due to these symptoms

Re: plz help

There are many reasons for those symptoms. If you have been checked by a physician it is likely anxiety or some type of injury (repetive motion etc.). I had terrible shoulder pains that radiated and it turned out to be from holding my phone out in front of me on several 12+ hour trips over a short period. The shoulder pain made me anxious which caused me to tighten my chest and clench my jaw. Result=mild heart attack symptoms. If you have been medically cleared start to address the underlying anxiety. That may be all you are suffering from.

thank u for replying. My dr thinks its anxiety having heart attack symtoms is really worrying

It can be very stressful, but you need to locate the roots of these feelings/fears with a professional. In the meantime try and decompress. You can get past this.

Re: worried sick ive got chest pain

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

Elen

This is hell worried sick about this chest pain keeps spreading to my shoulder and arm making me think of heart attack and heart problems. I'm scared to be alone and scared to sleep.

If you don't believe the dr when he says it isn't heart related, then why would you believe any of us??

trust your Dr...... they are the ones with many many years of medical training.

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Bev,

For nine years you've been posting about heart fears. N.I.N.E. Y.E.A.R.S.

No amount of reassurance from all the medical professionals and members here have been able to quell those fears.

Perhaps you're right. I suggest you continue to chase the wind. Maybe you'll be the first to catch it

Good luck and as always...

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information