Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: worried sick ive got chest pain

Re: chest pain worried about pe

Hiya - I'm sorry you're having these worries. I remember speaking with you years ago when we were both experiencing chest pain and both worrying about this! But remember from last time you were fine and this time you will be too. I'm certain you would know about it for sure if you had a pulmonary embolism. My mum passed away from one and it's not something you can sit about wondering if you have it. You would know for certain and wouldn't be able to type on an anxiety forum. I won't list the symptoms but you would definitely know about it.

Chest pain is SUPER common with anxiety. You have a LOT of muscles in your chest and you'll be tensing them without even realising you are. People with anxiety tend to over breath from their chest too. A simple way to discover if you're doing this is to place a hand on your tummy and a hand on your chest. When you breath which hand rises? It should be the tummy hand. If the chest hand rises you are most likely anxiety breathing. Which is perfectly harmless and I do it chronically - but when I do I get terrible chest pain. It's called Hyperventilation syndrome. And chest pain comes hand in hand with it. Again - nothing to worry about but it will make all your muscles tense.

I've had chest pain (dull, really bad, stabbing) on and off for about 6 years now.

You've had all the tests and I just know you're fine.

Really think about relaxing your muscles, have a nice warm bath and listen to some music. Don't bother worrying about things like PE because it's just not the case.

Take care.

Re: chest pain worried about pe

Nice chat Bev!!!

Re: worried sick ive got chest pain

Burning is usually muscle related or heart burn.
    I get burning from heartburn and that sometimes irritates the muscle so then it becomes muscle related. The hospitals ive been too they mainly go by the color of your cough or the blood test.

That's been said to me but its constant feels like ive got a red hot poker through my chest

I replied on your other post did you see it..?

no hun

t pain worried about pe
    Hiya - I'm sorry you're having these worries. I remember speaking with you years ago when we were both experiencing chest pain and both worrying about this! But remember from last time you were fine and this time you will be too. I'm certain you would know about it for sure if you had a pulmonary embolism. My mum passed away from one and it's not something you can sit about wondering if you have it. You would know for certain and wouldn't be able to type on an anxiety forum. I won't list the symptoms but you would definitely know about it.

Chest pain is SUPER common with anxiety. You have a LOT of muscles in your chest and you'll be tensing them without even realising you are. People with anxiety tend to over breath from their chest too. A simple way to discover if you're doing this is to place a hand on your tummy and a hand on your chest. When you breath which hand rises? It should be the tummy hand. If the chest hand rises you are most likely anxiety breathing. Which is perfectly harmless and I do it chronically - but when I do I get terrible chest pain. It's called Hyperventilation syndrome. And chest pain comes hand in hand with it. Again - nothing to worry about but it will make all your muscles tense.

I've had chest pain (dull, really bad, stabbing) on and off for about 6 years now.

You've had all the tests and I just know you're fine.

Really think about relaxing your muscles, have a nice warm bath and listen to some music. Don't bother worrying about things like PE because it's just not the case.

Take care.

worried by severe burning in chest

For about 5 days now ive had severe burning in my chest nothing has helped it heat/cold tried pain relief ended up ringing 999 today couldn't cope with the pain early in the week they did blood tests chest xray nothing showed. I'm really struggling physically and emotionally at the moment and nobody seems to understand

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

Elen

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepanic View Post
    indigestion? heart burn?
    Can heartburn be constant Nicola taking gaviscon not really helping

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information