Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Getting married xmas eve

Getting married xmas eve

i am getting married xmas eve and going on honeymoon on 30th dec to 6th january im worried about having a panic attack on my big day and am really worried that when im on the plane to spain that im going to have a panic attack on the plane and whilst im in spain x I really want to enjoy my time but am scared i will go into attack mode yet again!!!

Love Sarah-Jane xxxx

Hi Sarah Jane

Firstly congratulations.

I know the pressure is on you when you get married but hold on to the thought that it is the biggest and happiest day of your life.

I was bridesmaid for my best mate in January and i didnt sleep for 4 weeks before it but it was her best day and no way was i going to let her down.

I appreciate how anxious you are but just remember the day is your day and the person you are giving it all to is your husband to be who loves you unconditionaly.

We will all support you through it and will all wish you all the happiness you deserve.

So proud of you.

Love Sal xxxxx

Hi Sarah-Jane

Congratulations for you forthcoming wedding.

I think any bride would be nervous leading up to the wedding, and having anxiety and panic problems is bound to heighten this.

I am sure you will get a lot of support from everyone here to help you through it.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

Hi

I got married two years ago on December 11th. I was suffering panic attacks at the time.

But on my day I felt the calmest I'd ever felt. There is so much distraction going on that you don't even notice how you feel! I was nervous of course, I was getting married! But at least I had a reason for the nerves.

I am sure you will be fine. I cannot answer about the plane thought. I bottled out and honeymooned in Wales! It was freezing.

Laura xx

Hi, Sarah-Jane - congratulations, a Christmas wedding, how magical, i love a good wedding, anyway enough about me, everyone at your wedding knows and loves you, you will have nothing but support, leading up to and on your big day, everyone gets nervous on their wedding day, you will be fine and, as previously stated, there will be so many distractions, you will probably find yourself worrying more about other people than yourself. As for the flight, i too, was the same before our summer holls, but i did cope on the 'plane, i took personel cd, crossword puzzle, books all advice i had been given on this site, do check it out. and if you do happen to have a panic whilst in Spain, you will cope as you do at home, but i think by then after christmas etc. you will be so relaxed you may even forget about panics. Good luck and keep in touch

hiya sarah-jane

congrats

try not to worry about it, think positivly! think what good stuff will happen eg good tan, lovely weather eg

i hope ur ok

Scooter Girl

if i was hungry would you feed me, if i fell you help me up, if i was crying would you brush away my tears

Hi Sarah Jane

First of all CONGRATULATIONS

I just got married in June and had all the same worries as you. I got married in Las Vegas and was bricking it about the flight, the day etc especially as my panic attacks were at about there worst early summer. Its worth going to see your doc as he/she may prescribe you something for the flight and to take if you start to feel really anxious (I had a really small dose of diazepam and it really helped, espeically with the flights and night before nerves)!

I really thought that I'd mess the whole thing up but you know, the day was just perfect and yours will be too. Its perfectly natural to have a few jitters on the run up to your big day.

Try some rescue remedy too, many of us here rave about it and its good stuff. Also, lavendar oil is great to help you relax and boots do a lotion that you can put on your pulse points if you start to feel anxious - it smells really lovely too.

I know its hard, but this is a really special time in your life and it will be over all too soon so please try to make some time to enjoy yourself

Good luck!

Best wishes, Jo xx

Thank you so much everyone for your replies, it gives me some comfort however i am still worried i will freak out on the plane with claustrophobic feelings etc never had these problems before i have always loved flying but since these panic attacks ive changed, also worried andy will think im going nuts and either wont go through with the wedding or regret it, perhaps i shouldnt get married until im better? i love andy to bits and do want to get married and spend the rest of my life with him and yes he does reassure me that he loves and wants to marry me too. but i cant help the way i feel and rejection would be hurrendous xxx

Love Sarah-Jane xxxx

Make up an emergency kit for the plane with Jo Jo's suggestions above . There are other Bach remedies that may help too, a touch of valium if needed , a relaxation Cd , something to read etc so you've got it if needed but most likely you'll be fine.

You've still got about 2 months - you will be much improved by then .....

Meg

It is impossible to get out of a problem by using the same kind of thinking that it took to get into it.
    - Albert Einstein.

Hey, I felt exactly the same just before my wedding. I worried that Steve wouldn't want to stick with me if I didn't get better, I felt I was letting him down somehow, I felt as though I was going to spoil the holiday because I was even scared that one alcoholic drink would set off a panic attack. But you know what? I had a totally fantastic time I can't say I was totally without anxiety but I didn't have a single full on PA and even managed a few glasses of champagne and the odd gin and tonic. I think once I realised I'd made the flight OK (like you, I used to love flying before all this) I was able to relax a little. Looking back, I would even say that the happiness of marrying Steve and knowing that he will always be here for me really started me on the road to recovery.

Take a really big bag on the plane and stuff it full of everything you could possibly need 'just in case' - I even took a set of those acupressure anti-nausea wristbands just in case but I didn't need them in the end. Lots of tlc from Andy will help lots too - also try asking the airline staff if you can sit at the front or the back of the plane so you're not totally in the middle of everyone. When I told then that I suffered PAs they were really lovely and did their best to help.

You will be just fine, I can assure you!

Best wishes, Jo xxx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information