Thread: I think I've lost it.

I think I've lost it.

I know I'm in the real world, but I don't think I am. I know I'm a real person, but I have a real doubt that I am one. This is exactly the psychotic kind of thought process I'm going through.

I literally don't seem to know what's what anymore. Every thing is just a mess in my mind. I feel I am now insane cos I don't understand things that a sane person would. Anxiety is just a word to me now, it means nothing.

What the hell is wrong with me? I don't know the person that I once was anymore or if that person ever existed. I'm so confused.

Re: I think I've lost it.

Hey Dbsworrier,

This is a fairly common thing to be experiencing with anxiety. It sounds to me like you're really trapped in a cycle at the moment so are focusing more and more on how you're feeling and what you're thinking. Have you tried to break this cycle by doing something you enjoy? I know it's far easier said than done, but trying to focus your mind on to something should be a good starting point. Don't worry, you're not going crazy.

Best wishes
    Alice

Re: I think I've lost it.

The first clue you are sane, and also not suffering an episode of psychosis, is - you are posting on an anxiety forum asking about DP/DR.

People who have lost their sanity and lost to the context of it. They won't be on here asking why they feel this way, they will be living it without any doubt.

No confusion. No questions about what is wrong with them. They are lost in their psychosis or delusion.

That's not you, which is very clear across your threads.

Symptoms like DP/DR and the many overthinking & over analysing things that we do can make you think about losing your sanity. I've been there myself with it and you feel like you are going insane, but you aren't and you won't.

You were questioning how to think a thought on the other thread. I've been through that. I would also sit there thinking "so, how do I move my arm?". I would be consciously trying to think how to move my limbs, how to breathe, etc.

This is an over anxious mind. You will recover from this, but it may take time.

Thread Information