Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Constant Burping

Constant Burping

Hi all,
    Since just before Xmas I have had various symptoms on and off.
    The one constant is this burping.
    I do not have indigestion or any pain,and they are just little burps that come into my mouth-not loud or so anyone else would notice if you see what I mean?
    It can be first thing in the morning before eating or drinking and can be up to 50 a day.
    I guess some days are worse than others and if I do not think about it I notice it less.
    I have had several tests done and so far nothing has been found so Docs are thinking its IBS combined with my anxiety over all this.
    Does anyone else suffer like this and have you found a cause/reason or a cure?
    I do not want to go down the Cancer route again that I got into a state over when this all started.

Re: Constant Burping

You have a reason so there's no reason at all to go down the cancer route.

Quote Originally Posted by charliebear78 View Post
    I have had several tests done and so far nothing has been found so Docs are thinking its IBS combined with my anxiety over all this.
    Watch what you eat as this could be a bit of silent reflux or just plain gas.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Is it sulfur burps?

No idea.
    They do not smell or taste of anything.

Constant Burping

Does anyone else have this?
    Since Xmas when my IBS flared I have been burping-all day,everyday.
    All the other symptoms have gone but the burping is still here.
    It can start as soon as I wake up and some days are better than others but its always there.
    Just little burps that do not smell-no one else really notices as they are in my mouth-if you know what I mean?
    Its driving me mad now and I am just starting to worry its something else.
    I did a FOBT which was pos so this is always n my mind-Docs do not seem concerned.
    I have had alot of other tests done so IBS is the answer.
    Not had a colonoscopy.
    So,Is this normal for IBS?
    I do not remember suffering with burping before and for it to last so long?

Quote Originally Posted by charliebear78 View Post
    Does anyone else have this?
    Since Xmas when my IBS flared I have been burping-all day,everyday.
    All the other symptoms have gone but the burping is still here.
    It can start as soon as I wake up and some days are better than others but its always there.
    Just little burps that do not smell-no one else really notices as they are in my mouth-if you know what I mean?
    Its driving me mad now and I am just starting to worry its something else.
    I did a FOBT which was pos so this is always n my mind-Docs do not seem concerned.
    I have had alot of other tests done so IBS is the answer.
    Not had a colonoscopy.
    So,Is this normal for IBS?
    I do not remember suffering with burping before and for it to last so long?
    I don't know who told you that burping was an ibs symptom but they're delusional. If you had ibs you would probably be farting, not burping. Try looking into H Pylori or other conditions like Celiac if it's really bothering you. It could even be as simple as a food intolerance.

Take a chill pill and don't let it freak you out. Smooth sailing.

Thanks for your reply,However I am sure I have read burping is a symptom-and my own Doc said it was probably my IBS causing the burping-Believe me I fart!!!!.
    I have had blood tests/stool tests for both Celiac and H Pylori plus an endoscopy to confirm so I know its not caused by those.

Hello I burp constantly as well. I recently had an endoscopy that came back totally normal aside from a tiny non bleeding duodenal ulcer. The doctor said he didn't believe it was the cause of my symptoms. Since yours was clear as well you may have either non erosive reflux or functional dyspepsia. Functional dyspepsia as the name implies is a functional disorder just like IBS. Non erosive reflux is just GERD that doesn't cause damage to the lining of the esophagus. Many doctors believe there to be an overlap of these conditions. However I'm no doctor of course, so it is best to get a professional's opinion.

Burping a sign of CANCER

So, ever since I read that Burping can be a sign of Cancer I have been freaked out.
    You see I am burping all day every day and have been for the past few months.
    Docs do not seem concerned.
    I have had a endoscopy which ruled out H Pylori and Celiac and indeed any other stomach issues.
    I have also had full bloods and both a ultra sound and CT Scan plus a calprotectin test all came back normal,
    I did a home stool test to look for hidden blood and this came back pos so this is the main cause of my worries yet once again Docs do not seem concerned.
    I am 39
    Please help put my mind at rest if you can.
    It is now consuming my mind and making me worry.
    I do have IBS and hoping its something to do with this-however I have suffered with IBS for many many years and never have I had burping like this.

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

Elen

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information