Thread: Mirt

Mirt

So the new Doctor who perscribed me anafranil still wants me to take Mirt alongside it for who know why. I hve been taking 15mgs and he wants ti up it to 30 mgs, I have read 15mgs is more sedating. Is that true in anyones opinion. I asked him why not just increase the anafranil. He did not want to because I have only been on 150 mgs for a week. Now he wants me to split the dose 75mgs in the morning and 75mgs in the evening. I feel like I am a going around in circles.I dont feel like I am getting any better and suicidal thoughts just keep increasing. He says within 6 weeks I should know if its working as its still early days,.When you have a recently deceased brother , a mother and father who are both not well time is not a luxury. And on top of that I have to do all my flippin work..bit of a rant so sorry.

Re: Mirt

Hi
    My doctor upped my dose from 15mg to 30mg and I definitely found it more difficult to sleep on 30mg. Unfortunately I also found it difficult to tolerate so I am currently back down to 15mg but it's not doing anything so I feel horrendous nearly all the time. Don't worry about ranting on here. We're all going through (or have been through) tough times so who better to sound off to? I'm sorry to hear of all the problems you've had and can totally understand why you need to vent. If you're feeling suicidal though please please speak to someone as soon as possible. I have days when I feel I don't want to go on but have not had any serious thoughts of suicide. You sound like you've had a hell of a lot to deal with so the way you're feeling is understandable but there is ALWAYS a reason to live.
    Take care

Thread Information