Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pulmonary embolism

Pulmonary embolism

I seriously can't get past this. I can't stop researching. I can't stop feeling short of breath. I can't realize that the blood that was coming next up from my throat was more than likely not a pulmonary embolism, but from having sinusitis. I can't reassure myself that every pregnancy I've had has come with this intense shortness of breath that makes me want to cry.

I don't want to do this anymore. I don't want to have health issues. I don't want to fear something fatal. I don't want this anymore. I went three years feeling horrible and being told "IT'S ANXIETY", just to end up being diagnosed with a heart condition.

Part of me wants to go to the ER right now, but another part of me knows that once I go there I'm never coming out. I'm not.

Re: Pulmonary embolism

It;s awful isn't it? And ruins the joy of pregnancy. I can't breath after food and am going dizzy and having crazy palps yet all the tests are negative and all they come back with is anxiety. I just wish I could trust the countless doctors and the test results. My heart is good so what will it take for me to believe this? With you all the way xx

I'd like to point out something in your post....

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavelostmymarbles View Post
    I seriously can't get past this. I can't stop researching. I can't stop feeling short of breath. I can't realize that the blood that was coming next up from my throat was more than likely not a pulmonary embolism, but from having sinusitis. I can't reassure myself that every pregnancy I've had has come with this intense shortness of breath that makes me want to cry.

I don't want to do this anymore. I don't want to have health issues. I don't want to fear something fatal. I don't want this anymore. I went three years feeling horrible and being told "IT'S ANXIETY", just to end up being diagnosed with a heart condition.

Part of me wants to go to the ER right now, but another part of me knows that once I go there I'm never coming out. I'm not.

Whether you think you can or think you can't, you are right.
    - Henry Ford

This is not about anything but your mindset. It's so negative at this point that you can't see the light of day.

If you believe you can't, you won't! Right now you believe that.
    If you don't want to, it's really as simple as not doing it. Would you eat something you really didn't like? Would you listen to music you don't enjoy? Then why continue to do something that makes you feel like crap?

You should discuss this as well as discuss posting and an anxiety forum with your therapist. IMO, from what I see in your posts, it's hindering you and keeping you focused on negativity.

Positive thoughts
    Last edited by Fishmanpa; 23-03-17 at 15:09.
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavelostmymarbles View Post

Hello hun I can really understand how u feel I'm the same at the moment as I'm getting chest pains I'm always worried about a pulmonary embolism. This all takes over your life the symptoms u get are real its very hard to believe its all anxiety. If u wanna chat?

I just hate these feelings, like the shortness of breath is the worst. I'm tired of just lying down all the time because I want to be active, but I only feel like I can breathe when I'm sedentary.

hey. I don't think you have a PE. I remember talking on the old forum and I thought you might have some non-anxiety related but manageable. I still think that and I'm glad if you've made progress getting diagnosed. I think you are brave and hanging in there!

What a fabulous answer fishmanpa.

Also, just to add. I was like this during my first pregnancy. I was in the ER twice due to high heartrate (anxiety) and the fear of a dvt. Firstly dvts are incredibly rare. Even in the pregnant population. We are led to believe that it can happen today any pregnant woman but it comes with risks factors and it is really rare to get! You do not have a blood clot. Just a baby growing inside of you.

Also, from second semester onwards taking a deep breathe is just a task in and of itself. It's so hard. I remember panicking because I couldn't catch my breath. But it was all fine. And you will be fine too. Enjoy the rest and relaxation now (unless of you have other kiddos) because once baby comes you will needs lots of energy

Quote Originally Posted by tryingtosurvive1 View Post
    hey. I don't think you have a PE. I remember talking on the old forum and I thought you might have some non-anxiety related but manageable. I still think that and I'm glad if you've made progress getting diagnosed. I think you are brave and hanging in there!
    Thanks. I'm just trying to take it day by day, and I'm still avoiding chronic illness forums/groups because they still scare me. I hope you're doing well; I know you have your struggles as well.

how u feeling today?

I still feel the same. I'm not going to feel relief with the shortness of breath any time soon. Are you feeling better?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information