Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 03.23.17 12:11 pm pst

03.23.17 12:11 pm pst

OK so I put the time line in the title so I can remember the first day of taking 25mg Zoloft.

I've been just worrying my self crazy about taking zoloft 25mg and keep putting it off like many others.

The multiple anxiety weekly deal had me fed up and I took control and just did it!

I had a follow up with my GP the other day and he asked me if I had taken it yet I told him no because I was scared.

He kept telling me I would not prescribe something I thought would make you worst off.

OK so I didn't fully believe him

So I called a good client of mine yesterday who is a psychiatrist and whom I have know for many years and asked him about taking Zoloft and told him why I was prescribed it and he calmed my fears letting me know how this is one of the easiest ones to take and it's been around so long and is totally safe so today's the day I got the courage to do so and popped that little pill.

I will report back to let others know good or bad what effects it has on any daily change and I hope this helps others like me that continue to put it off.

Thanks again for the support.

PS they both told me to stop googling this
    Last edited by iwarzon; 24-03-17 at 01:19.

Re: 03.23.17 12:11 pm pst

Quote Originally Posted by iwarzon View Post
    I've been just worrying my self crazy about taking zoloft 25mg and keep putting it off like many others.
    Unfortunately, many of us get a strong dose of pill-phobia as a freebie with the primary anxiety disorder. I'd much rather have had the steak knives.

So I called a good client of mine yesterday who is a physicist
    Oh, you don't want to take the word of a physicist on anything. They tend to live in their own little worlds.

he calmed my fears letting me know how this is one of the easiest ones to take and it's been around so long and is totally safe
    Though in this case I agree with him. Antidepressants can sometimes produce unpleasant side-effects, but these are not usually a sign of harm. Also be aware that not all the side-effects are necessarily caused by the med. And anxious mind is quite capable of generating, or exaggerating them too.

PS they both told me to stop googling this
    Wise words to live by!

PDU, BSc (Physics)

haha spell check got me
    psychiatrist

Quote Originally Posted by iwarzon View Post
    haha spell check got me
    psychiatrist
    Oh, no, they know even less than physicists!!

Week one update.
    Ok the first two day at around the 5 hour mark after taking I could of fallen asleep at my office desk it was almost the same feeling of when I take my scopolamine trans dermal patch for ocean fishing very lethargic but besides that nothing.

A couple times during the week I had felt a panic attack coming on cold from the feet to the waist and a little shaking but I was able to squash that in minutes so no big deal.

The second night I had some insomnia but nothing that was too much of an issue.

I will say I have had a lot of shortness of breath feelings like always trying to get a full breath in but it's not a daily thing.

No stomach ache no crazy dreams or anything like that.

I will say as early on as it is it has really changed my mood to the better I do not feel on edge at all.

Will report back next week.

Week 2 update all is well nothing crazy shortness of breath getting better only one moment of anxiety same as previous post but I squashed it in a second and no need so far for my Ativan

Glad to hear the Zoloft is working for you! I took it for 20 days and knocked out my anxiety. I just couldn't cope with side effects and living in a fog. It was quite an experience. Keep us posted!

Update it's been a month now and smooth sailing no ill effects no feeling like a zombie all is well so far, so if you are on the fence about starting it at least in my experience I am happy for it.

Hi, I hope you don't mind me jumping in, but I have been prescribed sertraline/Zoloft today and am due to take my first dose tomorrow morning. I am worried as I have been on citalopram/celexa twice before and the side effects were awful. I don't know whether I should take the whole 50mg pill or split it and take 25?
    Iwarzon, did you stay at 25mg or have you been upped to 50?
    I will try and take this with a positive view that I will not have the extreme side effects as I think mindset has a lot to do with it, i take my dog daily on long walks and have also discovered a love of running so I hope the excercise and fresh air will help.

Quote Originally Posted by always-ill View Post
    Hi, I hope you don't mind me jumping in, but I have been prescribed sertraline/Zoloft today and am due to take my first dose tomorrow morning. I am worried as I have been on citalopram/celexa twice before and the side effects were awful. I don't know whether I should take the whole 50mg pill or split it and take 25?
    Iwarzon, did you stay at 25mg or have you been upped to 50?
    I will try and take this with a positive view that I will not have the extreme side effects as I think mindset has a lot to do with it, i take my dog daily on long walks and have also discovered a love of running so I hope the excercise and fresh air will help.
    Sorry for the late reply
    I am still on 25 and have had no real ill side affects If there were any I have very light tremors (slight vibration in the body) some times but not enough to bother me and a couple times a week I get a little zap feeling for a second but I had that with paxil a long time ago also.

I had so much anxiety about trying this but I just popped that pill and said I'm in now I can't stand panic or anxiety attacks so I figured it could not be worse.
    My mood is so much more calm I have also taken up the calm app and do that nightly also.
    Last edited by iwarzon; 27-04-17 at 03:19.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information