Thread: detox olanzapine is brutal

detox olanzapine is brutal

MY shrink seems to want me off olanzapine 5mg and concentrate on Pregabalin i am on both at the moment but i think she wants to go high on Pregabalin, 7 days ago i started to detox 2 and a half olanzapine and its not an easy ride ,i still feel like crap, the shrink said take 2 weeks to do the 2 and a half then same again for the next 2 and a half . i want to do the next 2 and a half next week not wait a week i want it out if she says she wants me off. Has anyone detoxed 5mg in 14 days or am i off my head to try, give me feedback people i dont want to enter the unknown

Re: detox olanzapine is brutal

I detoxed from 10 mgs in 1 day. I took a high dose of pregablabin for a week and then stopped that and I was fine. I was only olanzipine for 3 months as a sleep aid so maybe that was to short a time. Whenever I want to wean off a medication I take lyrica as I have no problems stopping it if I dont tske it for more than 3 weeks. I took it for 3 months when I came off diazapam a few years ago. It was a life saver. Hope you make it mate and best of luck.Not everyones experience is the same mind you. What works for some might not work for others. WHatt dose of pregabilin do they want you on if you dont mind me asking?

Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas75 View Post
    I detoxed from 10 mgs in 1 day. I took a high dose of pregablabin for a week and then stopped that and I was fine. I was only olanzipine for 3 months as a sleep aid so maybe that was to short a time. Whenever I want to wean off a medication I take lyrica as I have no problems stopping it if I dont tske it for more than 3 weeks. I took it for 3 months when I came off diazapam a few years ago. It was a life saver. Hope you make it mate and best of luck.Not everyones experience is the same mind you. What works for some might not work for others. WHatt dose of pregabilin do they want you on if you dont mind me asking?
    i am on 150mg now buddy

Thats a low dose. If it wiorks great. 300mgs is the mid range dosage. There are people on up to 600mgs. So you have plenty of room for manouvering. Oncw you have weaned off olanzipine you can always lower the dose again.

[QUOTE=braindead;1662690]
    Quote Originally Posted by braindead View Post
    Has anyone detoxed 5mg in 14 days
    Most can taper off by 5mg every 7 days with minimal symptoms, so 5mg in 14 should be doable. However, withdrawal is at least as much about psychology as it is chemistry and biology, so set a slower pace if you need to.

[QUOTE=panic_down_under;1662802]
    Quote Originally Posted by braindead View Post

Most can taper off by 5mg every 7 days with minimal symptoms, so 5mg in 14 should be doable. However, withdrawal is at least as much about psychology as it is chemistry and biology, so set a slower pace if you need to.
    thanks i noticed that i will chill for the week , i don't work so i am ok on that part

I have been on 2 and a half mg OLANZAPINE detox near 3 weeks ,someone on here said they detoxed 5mg in 7 days , i would dispute that i am a tough guy with anything you throw at me . but i stopped 2and a half mg after near on 3 weeks and , 2 day later i was suicidal i could not function , i either had to take another 2 and a half or die , it brutak this stuff i have only been on it 3 month and it wont let go. i also take 6mg lorazepam that should have took the edge off. 150mg lyrica on trail but it did nothing ,and i have 15mg mirtazapine i am waiting to detox when i can get off the crap olanzapine. i should have listened to my shrink, i started lyrica when on olanzapine she told me to detox the 2 and a halfmg for 4 weeks giving the lycica time to gross over, midway in the 3rd week i though i was the big man and stopped it ,i swear suicide entered my head it was that bad

How did it go coming off the olanzapine, hope all is well? I'm coming off 5mg myself, dropped down to 2.5mg for two weeks then stopping all together. I'm having a rough time too.

Quote Originally Posted by diamondgeezer65 View Post
    How did it go coming off the olanzapine, hope all is well? I'm coming off 5mg myself, dropped down to 2.5mg for two weeks then stopping altogether. I'm having a rough time too.
    i realized the two and a half was my sleep med if took at night , i was on 5mg for a while but dropped the first 2 and a half easy, but my shrink thinks i should stay on the last 2 and a half just for sleep without sleep we are nuked

Thread Information