Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Now I'm just getting annoyed

Re: Now I'm just getting annoyed

Don't let it control you Pablo. Focus on other things and whats good around you. This morning I woke up and felt pretty alright. I've told myself that enough is enough and overtime an anxiety symptom starts to creep up on me I basically tell it to politely f*ck off lol!

Remember to not let it control you. You're better than that and your life deserves a lot better.

I really want to stop this anxiety I have about my health.

I am preoccupied with it all the time at the moment. All day every day.

I am young - 35 - with two amazing children and I don't want this to dominate my life.

I am so so fed up with it. I live in fear of being ill and of my children being ill.

It's been happening for a while but has been worse over the past month.

Has anyone tried medication for it? I would rather not but a friend has suggested it might help and I wondered what others have experienced?

Thanks Jackrabbit! It's been a few hours and it is getting better. I don't have time for this sh*t.

---------- Post added at 11:37 ---------- Previous post was at 11:30 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Emmaisworried View Post
    I really want to stop this anxiety I have about my health.

I am preoccupied with it all the time at the moment. All day every day.

I am young - 35 - with two amazing children and I don't want this to dominate my life.

I am so so fed up with it. I live in fear of being ill and of my children being ill.

It's been happening for a while but has been worse over the past month.

Has anyone tried medication for it? I would rather not but a friend has suggested it might help and I wondered what others have experienced?
    Hi Emma, I have two kids as well and becoming a parent brought my anxiety out of hibernation. Try focusing on worrying about not living today with them, more than you fear dying tomorrow. Bad things will happen someday, but worrying about them only destroys the time we have. Also everything you are going through will help you help them when they have similar concerns. It isn't pointless. Having kids just messes with you.

As for meds, my GP said I should try acupuncture first. The guy is renowned and well-respected in Boston medical circles, so this isn't some hippy at an alternative clinic talking. He said for anxiety he has noted that wellness exercises, cognitive behavioral therapy, and acupuncture have had far better success rates with his patients than meds. That said, you should talk to your medical professionals for their opinion. Hang in there and feel free to keep us posted on this thread. We have plenty of room

What's interesting is that like anything else, it comes down to making a decision that you're not going to take it anymore and do something about it.
    It's like the dog sitting on the nail story I posted. When the pain becomes great enough, you move!

A man goes to his friend's house and when he gets there, he notices the friend's dog is sitting hunched in the corner whimpering. He asks his friend what's wrong with the dog and his friend answers "He's sitting on a nail". "Why doesn't he just move?" the man asks. His friend answers "Because it doesn't hurt enough yet".

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Hi there! I recently joined this forum due to my recent spiral back into health anxiety after a really good several year run of minimal anxiety.

My recent fears have been: pulmonary embolism, heart attack, and most recently lymphoma. I have had an EKG, chest x-ray, blood drawn and all has been normal. My vitals have been normal with the exception of high heart rate at times. My heart races periodically and I was told "yup, anxiety can do that". Sigh. I wish it was that easy to convince my brain of this. I have lost 6 pounds in the last 2 weeks.

Some steps I am taking to get out of this rabbit hole:

-Saw my GP and am starting on a low dose of prozac (10mg).
    -Called a psychotherapist to schedule therapy.
    -Dropped a day from my job (I was trying to juggle working and going to full-time nursing school and clinical rotations on the weekends).
    -Going to try and fit in one yoga class a week to help with breathing and relaxation

I am trying!!! That's all that matters, right? I can't let this constant anxiety ruin my life anymore. My son and husband are worried about me and see how I am spiraling out of control.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    What's interesting is that like anything else, it comes down to making a decision that you're not going to take it anymore and do something about it.
    It's like the dog sitting on the nail story I posted. When the pain becomes great enough, you move!

A man goes to his friend's house and when he gets there, he notices the friend's dog is sitting hunched in the corner whimpering. He asks his friend what's wrong with the dog and his friend answers "He's sitting on a nail". "Why doesn't he just move?" the man asks. His friend answers "Because it doesn't hurt enough yet".

Positive thoughts
    That's a great way of putting it.

---------- Post added at 13:16 ---------- Previous post was at 13:14 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by desertraven View Post
    Hi there! I recently joined this forum due to my recent spiral back into health anxiety after a really good several year run of minimal anxiety.

My recent fears have been: pulmonary embolism, heart attack, and most recently lymphoma. I have had an EKG, chest x-ray, blood drawn and all has been normal. My vitals have been normal with the exception of high heart rate at times. My heart races periodically and I was told "yup, anxiety can do that". Sigh. I wish it was that easy to convince my brain of this. I have lost 6 pounds in the last 2 weeks.

Some steps I am taking to get out of this rabbit hole:

-Saw my GP and am starting on a low dose of prozac (10mg).
    -Called a psychotherapist to schedule therapy.
    -Dropped a day from my job (I was trying to juggle working and going to full-time nursing school and clinical rotations on the weekends).
    -Going to try and fit in one yoga class a week to help with breathing and relaxation

I am trying!!! That's all that matters, right? I can't let this constant anxiety ruin my life anymore. My son and husband are worried about me and see how I am spiraling out of control.
    Sounds like your on the right path! All we can do is accept the status quo or try to change it. I like the positive changes you are making. Hang in there!

Thank you so much for your reply.

Meds would be a last resort for me. I absolutely do not judge other people who take them - I know it's something I may need to consider at some point but my preference would be to try other things first. I am in the U.K. And saw my GP about it in November - as a consequence I have seen a community mental health nurse a few times who used CBT - although I do feel like she just chats to me then sends me away with worksheets! 8 don't really look at them which is probably not helping. I suppose I was looking for more from
    Her but maybe that's unrealistic for me.

The physical panic has eased in the sense that I don't get so many instances where I am in a panic - rapid heartbeat sweating dizzy etc. Breathing really helps me with that. But he constant thoughts in my mind don't stop even when I can breath through the physical symptoms. Does that make sense?

The past month has been particularly bad - my oldest who is 6 had a brain haemorrhage two years ago and also has severe allergies - both of these things were triggers thothat that the haemorrhage was he biggest trigger to be honest. My GP referred to it as post traumatic anxiety though it comes out as health anxiety if that makes sense.

I might give acupuncture a go - in fact I 100% will. Going to go online this evening when the girls are in bed and take a look at local people who do it. Doubt it will be available via the NHS.

Over the last month I have worried about every health condition possible. It differs Day to day. Today it's a pain I sometimes get below my ribs in the centre of my body above my tummy - i first noticed a while back that comes back now and again when I bend down. Wen I pay attention to my posture it goes away for long periods - but I noticed it last week and today im stressing about it.

Tomorrow who knows. I have a good job, a wonderful family. I just want to stop being like this.

Keep fighting Emma. Rome wasn't built in a day. Everything you are saying makes sense to me. Sounds like the traumatic event with your child may have set this off. You can do this! Stick with it. Even just taking it on will make you feel better.

I need to take it on. For all of our sakes. The MH nurse suggesting discharging me and I know is because why she sees is someone who does cope - I have a responsible
    And stressful job, a busy life, good friends and a busy social life. She sees someone coping. But what she doesn't see is that I do all of these things, yes, but all
    I do is worry while I do them!!

Sorry for typos by the way - I'm on my iPhone and it's hard to see the text box!

---------- Post added at 18:45 ---------- Previous post was at 18:44 ----------

Thank you for replying. It really helps to speak to people who know how I feel.

No problem. My wife is amazing but she cannot relate to this and that is okay. Sometimes we need to reach out to those that have experience. Keep in touch through this thread. We're all gonna get through this.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information