Thread: Pins and needles/sensations up feet and legs and hand STILL THERE!any advice?

Pins and needles/sensations up feet and legs and hand STILL THERE!any advice?

Been really patient with this issue, got b12 shots from low level which has improved my energy. Not everything has improved legs and hands exactly the same.

Yet still my legs still have awful sensations in them daily. Hard to describe actually they just simply dont seem to work properly anymore. Pins and needles all the way up from starting with feet which burn also. Then my hands get similar feelings. Legs also real tight and achy and just tired a lot. Following by real hypersensitivy. When im walking and upright its not as bad usually when im lying down they seem at worse(pins and needles wise)

When do I start thinking this isnt anxiety? I have never had these sensations or feelings from anxiety, then up until 2mths ago which I ended up in a and r as i couldnt walk.

Is it anxiety? Is it some nerve/muscle disease? Is it circulation related? I just dont know. I have a doctors appointment nxt week. Anxiety isnt at an all time high but guess it is there.

Trying to be as rational and logical as possible with this, but these sensations there daily and are really unpleasant are hard to deal with. Not sure what the next step is?

---------- Post added at 11:16 ---------- Previous post was at 11:11 ----------

To add apart from basic walking, i havent exercised properly for 2months. My legs arent up for it and I was out of breathe so easy which nurse said may of been the low b12.

I also have varicus veins in my right leg which is where a lot of this is at its worse. Its getting me really down now im getting on with life but cant seem to make proper steps forward.

Re: Pins and needles/sensations up feet and legs and hand STILL THERE!any advice?

Only a doctor can tell you if this is anxiety or something else.
    I thought I had something wrong with my once and it turns out (more than once) that it was another anxiety symptom. You can get tinglying in your hands, feet, legs and arms if you have anxiety. I still get it, thinking about it is making my fingers tingle. I thought that I couldn't feel my legs but it was all in my head.
    I seem to give the same advice to everyone who has anxiety, it's what has worked for me. Do mindfulness meditations, you can find free videos on youtube. I did a free course on futurelearn. Mindfulness meditation is different to normal meditation, you just sit and observe your breath you don't try and change your tension in your body or your anxiety.
    I did it twice a day only for 5 mins at first and it really helped my anger issues and my anxiety. I love yoga for the same reason. You could do chair yoga until you know what is causing your leg trouble and I'm not sure about yoga and varicose veins. Yoga is not a hard exercise and it's not about putting your body in hard shapes, you move your body with your breath it's like a moving meditations and it helps calm the body eg.. tension and the mind. If helps you be aware of your body which can help anxiety sufferers.

To me seeing a doctor, which you are doing, is the right step. Coming on here for advice is good too. You've done what you can now so if you worry keep saying that. Try the mindfulness meditation, just do what you can and stick with it daily or weekly. That can help the anxiety and the worry.
    All the best. These things may make us seem like life is tough but don't let it get you down, there's always good times to be had. Something small like reading a good book or someone smiling at you can lift you up even for a moment. And those moments are precious

Thread Information