Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Twitching upper eyelid for 5 days now. Really scared.

Twitching upper eyelid for 5 days now. Really scared.

Has anyone had this? Usually it just goes away but I keep getting random sporadic twitches throughout the day. It's been doing it for about 5 days. I'm scared about MS as I have other symptoms that worry me too. Stupid Google. :(

Re: Twitching upper eyelid for 5 days now. Really scared.

I had twitching in one eyelid on and off for like 4 or 6 months! No joke. I realized that it was worse when I was on the computer all day or very tired. Seems pretty common so I wouldn't worry.

Thank you. It seems like every single symptom I ever worry about always comes up as MS. Its really difficult to not convince myself I have it. :(

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricAlice View Post
    Thank you. It seems like every single symptom I ever worry about always comes up as MS. Its really difficult to not convince myself I have it. :(
    MS was one of my first HA fears when I was in a real bad bout about 6 or 7 years ago. I went to a neurologist completely convinced as I had many of the symptoms of MS. He did the neuro checks, then sent me for an MRI which turned up completely clean. Nothing, nada. The radiologist even wrote on the MRI result that I had a perfectly symmetrical brain free from any abnormalities at all! Well my HA brain is not normal because you would think that would have stopped my MS fears but it didn't for about a year after. Then eventually I let it go and attributed my symptoms more with migraines I was having which was even backed up by the Dr.

It's easier said than done and believe me I am having an affair nightly with Dr GOOGLE currently. It's nice to come on here and meet others who struggle in similar ways and support one another. Hang in there!! Stay away from Dr. Google, he's very convincing

Quote Originally Posted by desertraven View Post
    MS was one of my first HA fears when I was in a real bad bout about 6 or 7 years ago. I went to a neurologist completely convinced as I had many of the symptoms of MS. He did the neuro checks, then sent me for an MRI which turned up completely clean. Nothing, nada. The radiologist even wrote on the MRI result that I had a perfectly symmetrical brain free from any abnormalities at all! Well my HA brain is not normal because you would think that would have stopped my MS fears but it didn't for about a year after. Then eventually I let it go and attributed my symptoms more with migraines I was having which was even backed up by the Dr.

It's easier said than done and believe me I am having an affair nightly with Dr GOOGLE currently. It's nice to come on here and meet others who struggle in similar ways and support one another. Hang in there!! Stay away from Dr. Google, he's very convincing

It's been my fear for about 4 years now. It's so hard isn't it? I also saw a neurologist and got a clean mri but in my head I'm like 'oh but what if it was too early' or whatever.

It's just awful. I have tingling in my left foot (been on and off for around 6 years now) and I get fatigue. And now this eye twitch. Brain fog and numbness and tingling in my back. But otherwise I don't really have that many symptoms. No balance issues. But I've read enough crap online to worry myself sick. I hate it.

Sorry you had to go through this too.

Can I ask what symptoms you had?

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricAlice View Post
    It's been my fear for about 4 years now. It's so hard isn't it? I also saw a neurologist and got a clean mri but in my head I'm like 'oh but what if it was too early' or whatever.

It's just awful. I have tingling in my left foot (been on and off for around 6 years now) and I get fatigue. And now this eye twitch. Brain fog and numbness and tingling in my back. But otherwise I don't really have that many symptoms. No balance issues. But I've read enough crap online to worry myself sick. I hate it.

Sorry you had to go through this too.

Can I ask what symptoms you had?
    Tingling, painful migraines, blurry vision, balance issues. Dr said all were due to migraines and sure enough when you read about migraines these are common symptoms. He said some people get migraines without a headache, just all the other symptoms. Of course anxiety can cause all the above symptoms as well

Yeah migraines do some crazy stuff! Glad you got some relief and everything!

I really hope this eye twitch stops soon. It's freaking me the heck out!!!

I had a eyelid twitch for 3 months a few years ago. Computer use eye strain. I've got one again, been a few days very annoying but I spent the day watching TV to distract my HA on my day off..

You do know that streas and anxiety causes twitching right ?

I had one eyelid twitch for two weeks straight before. Then, once that one stopped, the other started. That was three years ago. I'm sure you're fine.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information