Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Abnormal the Normal ECG

Re: ECG??

Thanks for replies, GP did me another one today to reassure me and was normal. He went through the 6 I had had and one was abnormal at a&e saying left ventricular hypertrophy but had. Even signed off as normal after chest X-ray. He explained that Ecg's can be mega sensitive and if I had LVH it would have shown in subsequent ecg's as it doesn't just vanish! Hopefully I can move on now!

Abnormal the Normal ECG

Hi - Had ECG in November at A&E which came back as abnormal with Left Ventricular Hypertrophy. The doctor at A&E signed this off as normal after bloods and chest x-ray. Do I therefore have Left Ventricular Hypertrophy or was it a misreading by the machine and if the doctor thought I had LVH he would have sent me for more tests?

Re: Abnormal the Normal ECG

How would we know though, unless there are any cardiologists lurking. Can you not call the surgery and ask for the doctor to call you and answer your questions? That would be the best thing to do.

ISB ☺

Not that easy to get appointment with my GP. I have had 4 ecg's since and they all came back as normal, so has the Left Ventricular Hypertrophy just gone or was it never really there!?

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

Elen

Quote Originally Posted by NPR73 View Post
    He explained that Ecg's can be mega sensitive and if I had LVH it would have shown in subsequent ecg's as it doesn't just vanish!
    Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Trying the positive thoughts, so if was you would you be worrying?

Hi there, i know it's easier said than done but i would try your best not to worry about it too much. I also have had several ECG's and i had one at A&E come back slightly abnormal but this was due to my fast heartrate and stress due to the amount of anxiety i was under at the time. After being sent home i made an appointment with my GP to ask why i was released with no follow up and he reassured me that had there been anything sinister going on then that would not have been the case and that all was absolutely fine. I know how awful the physical symptoms of anxiety are and can make you feel like something is seriously wrong but be reassured that your GP and the hospital would not lie to you to make you feel better and would not leave you without sufficient medical assistance if they believed that you're unwell.
    I hope that this has helped a little

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information