Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello

Hello

Hello. In a bit of a mess at the moment, been suffering from anxiety for years and don't know what to do anymore. I'm hopefully seeing my doctor tomorrow to try and change medication and this morning I went to a centre to see about doing some kind of therapy. Would be nice to hear from other people as I feel so alone, my family are great, I don't know how they put up with me.

Is there any way out of this!!!!!

hello Caroline,

Yes, there's a way out of this. You seem to be doing all the right things by going for therapy and trying medication. The most important thing for dealing with anxiety is trying to be patient. It can be very difficult but getting frustrated never helps!!
    Welcome to the site!!

Sarah

Thanks Sarah, it's nice to hear from you. This is the first time I have found people to talk to who understand. You are right, getting frustrated doesn't help but I feel I've been going round in circles for ages.

Feel better having found this site.

Hi Caroline

Welcome to the site.

As Sarah said, you are already taking steps to help yourself by seeing your doctor for help, and going for counselling.

I am sure you will get a lot of support here.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

Hi Caroline,

There is definately a way out of this....

Welcome to the site . Share as much as you're comfortable and we may be able to help further .

How long have you had anxiety/ panic. Do you know what brought it on , what bits of it do you find hardest to cope with and what have you done to help yourself so far apart from medication ?

Meg

It is impossible to get out of a problem by using the same kind of thinking that it took to get into it.
    - Albert Einstein.

Hi Caroline, welcome to this site, i joined a few months back, and have found good advice and also the feeling that i am not alone nor going mad. You are doing fine by sorting out medication and arranging therapy, keep in touch

Hi Caroline

Welcome to the site.

There are plenty of us here that can help you through how you are feeling, and there is a way out of it.

It isnt easy, but better days will follow. I hope it goes well at the doctors and you have made a positive step forward trying to get some form of therapy.

Love Sal xxxxx

Hi Caroline

Welcome aboard. I do hope that we can help you get back on the road to recovery and point you in the right direction.

You will get loads of support and advice on here so please stick around.

Nicola

Hi Caroline

A warm welcome to the forum

Certainly sounds like you are taking steps in the right direction and the fact that you are ready and willing to try and make some changes shows a great attitude. Hopefully you'll find lots of help here too.

Best wishes, Jo xx

Hi Caroline welcome to the site. I have also suffered a long time 40 years on and off and am glad i found this site. I also have a good family(wife and kids who are great and supportive) but as you say its better to talk to people who suffer the same as none who hasnt suffered can ever undertand what we are going through. It helps mme lots going into our chat most evenings and talking and having a laugh with others from here. Why not pop in one evening and try everyone is glad to see new people and everyone is so helpfull. the address is http://pub4.bravenet.com/chat/show.php/342349380 take care and all the best Vernon

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information