Thread: Loose Stools

Question Loose Stools

Hi everyone. I am new to the forum but have already experienced some relief knowing their are other individuals dealing with some of the same things I am. For a few years now, I have had IBS. Many of my symptoms have gotten much better and my anxiety has decreased. However, one aspect I cannot seem to stop worrying about is the shape or consistency of my stools! I am vegan and have a very high fiber diet, consisting of oats, quinoa, buckwheat and a whole bunch of fruits, vegetables and legumes. That said, I usually go to the loo 4-5 times a day. Sometimes, my stool is completely formed and honestly could not be better. Other times, usually near the end of the day after I am done eating, I will get very loose stools. They are not watery or diarrhea like and still a normal color, they are just simply not well formed. Essentially, I am wondering why stools vary. I am always convinced that my loose stools mean that I am not properly digesting food, especially because there are little pieces of food - usually vegetables or the tails of quinoa. For as long as I can remember, I've assumed that everyone else has perfect stools and something must be wrong with me for having loose stools. I am sure that my body is properly absorbing food because I have no weight lose, lack of energy, or any other signs of malabsorption or malnourishment.

Thank you all in advance!

Re: Loose Stools

Hi and welcome to the forum, I'm pretty new too �� I've similar symptoms to you and I suspect Ibs (terrible fear of the doctors has stopped me in getting diagnosed) but from what I know of ibs (research and friends who have it) is that it's pretty normal. I'm a vegatarian so I have a similar diet to you and also don't seem to digest some veggies/quinoa, and this often causes looser stools too. A lot of people have different triggers so these may be yours (I think they're mine too). Don't know how much advice I can give you because I'm kind of in the same situation, but your definitely not alone

I have the same thing. Im not vegan but my diet is terrible... Some days they look great and somedays, like today actually... they look deformed, like too thin or curved. But I never see blood in them and there always normal color so the doctor told me not to worry so I'm trying not to. My first one is usually normal but then if I have anymore the same day they look deformed.. idk but the doctor said stools are never the same. Depending on your diet they change all the time.

Thank you both for your replies!! It is comforting to know that I am not alone with these symptoms

I usually have a hard stool, followed by loose stool. I can see undigested vegetables in the loose stool. Mean something?

Thread Information