Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cmht Monday!

Cmht Monday!

I have an appointment with the Community Mental Health Team on Monday......about my driving and anxiety and maybe looking into CBT.

Apparently in this area it is very hard to get CBT but I will try......think I will lay it on with a trowel . I have to drive there too which I can do but find it very hard as the place I am going to is the main cause of anx..so if I turn up a complete wreck then all to the good I suppose . I am already planning my journey!.....that blummin anticipation again! Going to go straight from work and park in Tescos...lol yes we have one here too...its quite far from the hospital but I don't think I would cope with that car park .

I will keep you updated on how it goes...if I get there

Happiness isn't something you experience; it's something you remember

Re: Cmht Monday!

Good luck with that!

Sarah x

Panic attacks started in 1992. 1998 i became agoraphobic which lead into being room bound. Couldn't even get upstairs. 2002 i started getting better, able to drive and work. 2005 i became house bound again. 2009 i have been making SLOW progress, still not able to go anywhere alone, but my journeys are getting longer. No where near 'normal' but at least i can go out.

Steph

Good luck!

Hopefully they will help you as much as they helped me!

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Good luck!
    I had to giggle when you said

..so if I turn up a complete wreck then all to the good I suppose
    When I had an occupational health meeting in january, I was in such a state when I got there, having a panic, I didn't need to do any convincing of my inability to do my work at that moment in time. The poor woman was having to calm me down!

You will be fine, but laying it on with a trowel is not a bad idea if it is hard to get CBT in yur area.

happyone
    xx

I've been through some terrible things in my life, some of which actually happened.
    —Mark Twain

Hi Steph

Good luck for Monday.

Quote the NICE guidelines at them which state that CBT is the preferred and most effective therapy for panic and anxiety.

Karen x

Hi Steph

Wishing you good luck for Monday hun, hope all goes well!

Love

Andrea
    xxxx

Yep, me too and I know just what you mean about driving there and being a complete wreck.

I'm sure the fact you've got this first appointment is really hopeful, you've got past the first barrier.

Let us know how it goes.

S.x

Good luck hun.

Love Piglet

Well I went, I was an hour early but had my crossword book.....I am always early for everything

The meeting went ok....apparently I am not "bad" enough to be under the community team, which is good lol. I met a really nice lady and had a chat she asked the usual questions.....I was so confident lol bet she thought she was wasting her time!

Anyway she is going to put me on to the cbt people in the town near me can't wait!!!! Has to be private though but who cares!!!! it was so nice to talk to someone that understood, the only other one I can talk to is hubby and some of you lot lol.

BTW Nic she actually recommended going on line and looking for help LOL said....mmmmm been there done that haha. But had never heard of this site!!!! So think she will be popping in soon!!

TBH I felt a bit of a fraud because I can go places and do things unlike some other people but I want to do more and she understood that which was nice to hear but because I am not totally ruining my life she can't help too much.

So blummin did it feel like I am getting somewhere now....

Thanks for listening
    Last edited by normalwisdom; 01-05-07 at 20:23. Reason: coz its my post! lol

Happiness isn't something you experience; it's something you remember

Steph

Glad it went well mate

At least you feel as though you are getting somewhere now.

Maybe if she comes on here she will want to refer others as well.

If she wants any leaflets I can post you some.

Pleased it went well though and don't feel like a fraud atall. Remember that I did my CBT for driving but I still drive everywhere i just needed the added support and advice.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information