Thread: correlation between chest tension and ectopics

correlation between chest tension and ectopics

This is something I've noticed, and i'm curious if anyone else has the same symptom. Second to ectopics, chest/stomach/throat tension is my worst symptom. I can feel myself actively tightening these muscles but I can't seem to really stop it. it can last for days. My breathing feels weird when this happens, also. But, I've noticed when I do this, My PVCs kick up and they seem to have some connection to how I'm breathing. Which doesn't surprise me, actually. Anyone else in the same boat? if so, any advice on how to remedy it?

Re: correlation between chest tension and ectopics

Personally, I've experienced this association myself, yeah. I've got some bad habits with tensing my stomach and messing with my breathing, and recently this has been setting off ectopics.

The heart can be affected by stimulation of the vagus nerve, and it can be stimulated by tension, pressure or irritation in the neck, throat and abdomen, perhaps most famously when George W. Bush choked on a pretzel, stimulated that nerve and passed out.

Lots of people here will tell you about their PVCs and PACS when bending, straining, lifting, etc.

How to solve it is a good question. It's a bad habit I've yet to beat.

I get them in a variety of circumstances, positional, temperature, hormones, diet..you name it. Frustrating when I obsess over this tension and breathing, though.

You could try some deep breathing exercises to calm the tension perhaps. Anxious people tend to shallow breathe and only use the top of the lungs. Sometimes deep breathing can restore the balance. If you're not used to doing this though, you may experience a little lightheadedness at first. Other than that, try some natural herbals such as Kalms or Valerian which are nature's tranquilisers.

I've had these ectopics all of my adult life and like you say there are lots of situations or stimulating food or drink that can set them off. I take beta blockers which help to calm these palpitations down and i'm just coming to the end of a 5 day run of them which doesn't happen too often nowadays thankfully as I usually only feel one or two a day and haven't had a run of them for a year.

I can only guess at what started them...from a gassy stomach to the hayfever season kicking in, but in truth I don't know for sure. I'm just one of thousands who are super-sensitive to them and ive learned to live with them without fear. I have a routine ecg every now and again and even after 40 years theyve never turned into true heart disease.

ISB ☺ x

Thanks for sharing, I still believe. I've had them for 12 years and they come in waves I've noticed. My anxiety certainly keeps them at their peak.

Yup.. Me too. I usually get runs of them lasting a few seconds/or minutes. Not fun at all. They feel so scary. How do we convince our minds they are not dangerous???

Thread Information