Thread: Abnormal ECG

Question Abnormal ECG

I am 55 years old male, fit and fine having no chest pain and no medical history. For medical insurance company done medical checkup.

In this I got abnormal ECG mentioning, "normal sinus rhythm, voltage criteria for left ventricular hypertrophy, T wave abnormality, consider inferior ischemia"

Due to this they rejected the policy. I am not understanding is this serious condition. I met physician, he said nothing to worry. I am in total shock, what to do.

I don't have any pain and no health issue. Please inform.

Re: Abnormal ECG

I would ask to go to a cardiologist and have this ECG result investigated. It may be nothing wrong or it may be important, the only way to be sure is with the tests that a cardiologist can do. I hope it goes well.

Re: Abnormal ECG

I also had an ECG that showed as abnormal due to left ventricular hypertrophy. Was really stressed about this but my GP explained that what is produced on the top of the ECG by the computer is a guide and the best person to interpret the results is a medical professional. She did the calculation in front of me and showed that to have left ventricular hypertrophy it needed to be X and showed that mine was well in the level and therefore fine. The computer in the ECG can sometimes be very sensitive. Juts to reassure me she ordered another ECG which came back normal and as she said left ventricular hypertrophy doesn't go away in the space of a day. If in doubt get them to do another one.

Thread Information