Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How long can Physical anxitey symptoms last?

How long can Physical anxitey symptoms last?

Hi guys
    My anxitey started up again around 2 months ago,since then I've had headaches this strange prickly burning itchy sensation all over my body and palpitations. I'm guessing it all symptoms of anxitey as my blood test was normal. I'm a little concerned though because still Gettinhg the prickly sensations even when I don't feel anxious . Is this normal? And how long are they likely to last? Only having health anxitey these sensations just cause me to worry there's something wrong. I hope someone maybe able to give me some advice ... thanks in advance x

Re: How long can Physical anxitey symptoms last?

Some people report weeks if not months of symptoms after an attack. Also there is a good chance that you are still anxious at a more sub conciliation level.

I Harv and stack 2 and bit years ago I still feel weird like depersonalize very strange feeling and it turns out it is anxiety and my it's because of something in my subconscious that is bothering me, my psychiatrist said it will go away soon but yah it's been like 2 and half years

---------- Post added at 21:17 ---------- Previous post was at 21:16 ----------

I had an attack ***

For as long as the symptoms scare you, for as long as you are living in an anxious state.

Many, many people say 'I am not even anxious and X happens... ' While one may not be consciously anxious does not mean your mind and body are not anxious. Most anxiety occurs at the subconscious level. It can take weeks, months of reduced anxiety before a body returns to a more non-reactive state. Further since you are concerned that you are still feeling X, indicates that your anxious thinking is still near the forefront of your mind. In other words, you are not as "not anxious" as you think.

Anxiety is like a campfire. When you're in the midst of a spiral the fire is burning bright and hot. When the flames die down, there's still a bed of red hot coals burning away just waiting for some more fuel. You may not feel anxious but your body is still on high alert and has a bed of hot anxiety coals inside just waiting to flare up. Just like a campfire, the hot coals of anxiety take a long time to finally go out.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Sixpack View Post
    For as long as the symptoms scare you, for as long as you are living in an anxious state.

Many, many people say 'I am not even anxious and X happens... ' While one may not be consciously anxious does not mean your mind and body are not anxious. Most anxiety occurs at the subconscious level. It can take weeks, months of reduced anxiety before a body returns to a more non-reactive state. Further since you are concerned that you are still feeling X, indicates that your anxious thinking is still near the forefront of your mind. In other words, you are not as "not anxious" as you think.
    Thank you for all your comments and advice I really appreciate it. Sometimes a little reassurance from people that know goes a long way to help.

---------- Post added at 06:58 ---------- Previous post was at 06:56 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    Anxiety is like a campfire. When you're in the midst of a spiral the fire is burning bright and hot. When the flames die down, there's still a bed of red hot coals burning away just waiting for some more fuel. You may not feel anxious but your body is still on high alert and has a bed of hot anxiety coals inside just waiting to flare up. Just like a campfire, the hot coals of anxiety take a long time to finally go out.

Positive thoughts
    So in other words don't fuel the fire !! Don't even think about your symptoms and why their here, and eventually they will go?
    What a great way to describe it.
    Thank you

I've had symptoms last seconds, minutes, hours, days, weeks, months and 1 that lasted over a year.

What tied this all together? My thoughts/worries.

When did the pain stop? Well that depended on how long it took to accept the ache/pain/sensation was due to stress and anxiety.

Yup, even the symptom that lasted a year (and I mean daily for a year) disappeared within 48 hours of accepting it was anxiety.

Mind over matter. If your mind is stressed your body will follow suit.

Ed

Thank you for all your advice everyone it's helped a lot today . I just can't get my head round my subconscious thingy. Surely if it's my brain then I control it ??
    Not the other way round !! I think your all right though I'm obviously still thinking about it to ask the question in the first place. I just thought once I didn't feel anxious then the sensations/ symptoms would disappear straight away �� I guess it's not that easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Shellyhay View Post
    I just thought once I didn't feel anxious then the sensations/ symptoms would disappear straight away �� I guess it's not that easy.
    No.. it's not... I'll give you an example...

While I'm not a sufferer, I do deal with stressful situations. My wife was recently taken very ill. The stress from dealing with it over the course of several months took it's toll. Weight loss, nausea, lack of sleep, muscle twitches, you name it!

For a good couple of months after she was out of the woods so to speak, my body was in recovery as well. I still have stress related symptoms.

So yes, when the body is in stress mode, stress biology manifests itself many ways and it takes a while after the stress ends for your body (and mind) to recover. Keep in mind, feeding it just prolongs the recovery.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Thank you fishmanpa
    I will take your advice. All day I've been saying to myself "positive thoughts "
    Hope your wife is doing well
    Shellyx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information