Thread: Bruise on elbow..?

Bruise on elbow..?

Right so yesterday I went to sleep without a shirt or bra on (tmi i know but it has a purpose in what i'm about to tell you),and sometimes when I wake up I have those little indents on my skin,don't know exactly what you call them but they're just like little markings from sleeping too tense I guess? Anyways,I sleep on my stomach with my arms under the pillows sometimes,and I woke up with a bruise on my elbow! Its not that large,its not too dark,its like brown and red,kind of looks like its going away but its spiked up my luekiema fear even more! As i've had bruises on my thighs and legs and on my elbows before. I've had my bloods tested 3 times already and all of the doctors have said I'm fine..I don't know what to do just a little reassurance. I was thinking I might have put my weight on it while I was sleeping and that caused the bruise? Or banged it while I was asleep?

update:just see another little bruise on my other elbow.. Great. Now i'm freaking out
    Last edited by purplewitch; 03-04-17 at 03:50.

Re: Bruise on elbow..?

Quote Originally Posted by purplewitch View Post
    Right so yesterday I went to sleep without a shirt or bra on (tmi i know but it has a purpose in what i'm about to tell you),and sometimes when I wake up I have those little indents on my skin,don't know exactly what you call them but they're just like little markings from sleeping too tense I guess? Anyways,I sleep on my stomach with my arms under the pillows sometimes,and I woke up with a bruise on my elbow! Its not that large,its not too dark,its like brown and red,kind of looks like its going away but its spiked up my luekiema fear even more! As i've had bruises on my thighs and legs and on my elbows before. I've had my bloods tested 3 times already and all of the doctors have said I'm fine..I don't know what to do just a little reassurance
    My guess is that you bumped your elbow sometime in the past few days, and maybe didn't even notice. Elbows are sharp, and without fat to pad them, so even a very minor bump- one that you wouldn't think twice about- might cause the sort of bruise you describe.
    Indents on the skin after sleeping are normal; everyone gets them.
    And excessive bruising is far more likely to be caused by anemia than by any sort of cancer. Luckily, anemia is easily treated.
    But even if you aren't anemic, we all get bruises in the course of daily life, and sometimes we go through periods where we seem to get more of them than usual. Right now my shins are covered with bruises, and i have no idea why.
    But I'm not too worried about it, because i know that if there were any sinister cause, i'd have a lot of other symptoms along with the bruising.

I'm sure you will be fine. Best wishes.

A brown bruise means the blood is old and the bruise has already started to heal. Just as Glass has said we bump our bodies all the time and think nothing of it until a bruise shows up. By the way an elbow gets banged around more often then you think!

Quote Originally Posted by GlassPinata View Post
    My guess is that you bumped your elbow sometime in the past few days, and maybe didn't even notice. Elbows are sharp, and without fat to pad them, so even a very minor bump- one that you wouldn't think twice about- might cause the sort of bruise you describe.
    Indents on the skin after sleeping are normal; everyone gets them.
    And excessive bruising is far more likely to be caused by anemia than by any sort of cancer. Luckily, anemia is easily treated.
    But even if you aren't anemic, we all get bruises in the course of daily life, and sometimes we go through periods where we seem to get more of them than usual. Right now my shins are covered with bruises, and i have no idea why.
    But I'm not too worried about it, because i know that if there were any sinister cause, i'd have a lot of other symptoms along with the bruising.

I'm sure you will be fine. Best wishes.
    Thank you Glass,my theory at first (my logical mind lol) told me I might have put weight on it while I was asleep,or knocked it into something of course. I do have a vitamin D deficiency (im on vit d supplements too) and I've looked up that it could cause easier bruising? I dont know how true that is but I guess I could always pinpoint that as well.
    I've had my blood tested three times now and no one has said that I was anemic either

---------- Post added at 22:32 ---------- Previous post was at 22:30 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by snowghost57 View Post
    A brown bruise means the blood is old and the bruise has already started to heal. Just as Glass has said we bump our bodies all the time and think nothing of it until a bruise shows up. By the way an elbow gets banged around more often then you think!

All I know is that I know that bruise wasn't there the couple of days ago. So I guess if its old blood that means I heal pretty fast? or i dont know but thanks

You are most welcome! A bruise, when fresh is bright red and blue. The darkness indicates that you are healing. You will be fine! Get some rest, drink lots of water and put it behind you!

Thread Information