Thread: Skipped Heart Beat

Skipped Heart Beat

So for about 3 years now when my anxiety started getting really bad I started experiencing heart palpitations. I ended up scheduling an appointment with my primary care about a year ago and they did an ekg and referred me to a cardiologist. The cardiologist looked over the ekg and didn't find anything abnormal. He asked me questions about the characteristics of my heart palpitations and then said he doesn't think they need to do further test because he thought it maybe related to anxiety. He told me if anything changes to go back and see him. Well.. I recently started exercising and may I add I have had a fear of exercising because I'm scared my heart will stop. But anyways I have been exercising and it's been really good. Last week tho I exercised and I guess you can maybe say it was extrenuous because the weights I was using were probably a little too heavy for me. I ignored that though because I was getting in a good workout. Towards the end of my workout I was doing my last two circuits and as I was doing the exercise I felt my heart skip a beat. It didn't cause any shortness of breath just a strange sensation in my chest. I stopped for a sec and then continued with the exercise. It happened again so I thought it was weird and stopped that exercise and went on to the next one. The next exercise was jumping squats and it happened once more. So I decided to just stop working it all together. So now I'm super concerned naturally. And I'm really back and forth about scheduling an appointment with the cardiologist. Any thoughts or suggestions? I'm healthy in everything else and I'm 25 years old. Not overweight or anything like that.

Re: Skipped Heart Beat

Do it for peace of mind if needs be. If you do book an appointment ask if the cardiologist can give you a heart monitor for 24 hours and then do some exercising and let the Dr see the results.

A fear of exercise will naturally provoke symptoms. I was terrified about my heart health when I first began exercising and for 2 weeks everytime I went out on my bike I had crippling chest pain. But I pushed through it and now I rarely get it anymore.

Ed

Re: Skipped Heart Beat

I've had palpitations for 12 years coupled with anxiety. I have workouts where I get little runs of ectopics. positional mostly. Squat jumps for whatever reason can be a trigger, as well as some plank moves and pushups. Usually if I take a second and let it come back to earth, it will be fine, and then I continue.

Thread Information