Thread: Testicular Cancer Worries.

Testicular Cancer Worries.

Hello everybody.

The past 8 months or so, I have been worried about all manner of things, from Leukaemia, to Lung Cancer, to Bowel cancer- and have been to the Doctor's an awful lot regarding all this.

Anyway, about a fortnight ago, my scrotum felt particularly sore- and so I decided to check (this was mainly the skin around my right testicle). I couldn't find anything- and checked again in the bath the next day- noticing I could feel a lump that seemed to move. I could check for about 10 minutes and not find it, only to find it moved to an area I had already checked. This worried me for a few days, and so I continued to check them- and eventually found that this seemed to be in the skin rather than actually on the testicles.

This should have been the end of my concerns- but I obsessively continued to worry- now worrying I may also have something wrong with my left testicle. I tried to not check as best as I could- however I couldn't resist yesterday- and am now convinced my left testicle is swollen. Continuing to check- there'll be times I don't think it's significantly different from my right one, and then I'll check again and worry that it is. This went on for a fair portion of yesterday- and today I was about to call the doctor's when I decided to stop myself.

I've been to the Doctor's for a great many things over a short period of time- non of which have been true- what must they be thinking of me. By continuing to make appointments, I am only feeding my hypochondria. I'd like to think I am doing the right thing- but I can't stop the thought that soon I'm going to die of testicular cancer.

I'm 19 years old if that makes any difference- so what do the people here with more experience in this stuff than me think- have I made the right decision? The fact that it started with one testicle, and when I found nothing wrong with that it moved to the other seems to infer there's not much wrong- but I am still incredibly worried non the less.

Any words of re-assurance would be helpful, as well as opinions.

Thanks.

Re: Testicular Cancer Worries.

Quote Originally Posted by Sollace View Post
    Any words of re-assurance would be helpful, as well as opinions.
    You're 19 years old... that right there is enough to dismiss your fears ...and I know you'll come back with. "but I read cases where a 19yo gets cancer"... So incredibly rare as to not even be considered.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Re: Testicular Cancer Worries.

Thanks a lot.

Thread Information